Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni DA?s

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 11:08 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

I absolutely love it (ok, I'm being sarcastic... I hate it) when various internet experts pop up and start rambling on and on about all the reasons I'm wrong. That's fine, but here are a few details you should know.

1. Personally, I OWN a set of DA's. They are NOT on my car, and in fact of all the things I've won racing my Camaro, only for a few events and one championship were then in place.

2. The reason SA's are on my car? They are less expensive, and work just as well for 99% of the situations out there. And I got tired of telling folks to spend their money more wisely (again, situations vary) and buy SA's, only to have them look under my car, see DA's and freak out thing I was lying to them--so I just switched to prove the point. If you want to spend way more than you need to, buy NOS which as been known to leak because they sat around for--years, then that's fine. Do you understand compression damping? It is not spring rate... most don't. I do, and still don't have a need for them.

3. I sell DA's, and if I was out to make the most possible money on every sale as some accuse me of, I'd telling 10 reasons why everyone must have DA's over SA's. I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.

4. The compression adjuster does take up space at the bottom of the shock, it's more likely to be damaged because of it's location because of where it on a front shock.

5. The DA's don't have the option of the using the lower perch height--because there is no lower perch height......

Maybe all things that don't matter, and if so, ok.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: Koni DA?s