Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rattle in the back of car.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattle in the back of car.

I hope you guys can give me an idea on where to look for this noise that i have in the back of my car. I have a 99 Camaro. I put a moser 12 bolt in to the car, and from there on it has had a deep rattle noise when I go over bumps or even drive on rough roads. It almost sounds like the exhaust pipes hitting but i have checked all the pipe clearances and even put extra hangers on is so that they don't hit, and that did not fix the problem. Any help on where to start looking will be nice.

Thanks.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Seeing how you checked the exhaust already! I would recommend making sure all of your hardware in the rear such as the Lower control arms, Pan hard bar, and Torque Arm hardware is all tighten to spec. And make sure that the bushings are destroyed.
Hope that helps!
Thanks
Brad
Old 12-04-2009, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Have you recently removed your spare and jack? My spare makes a rattling noise too after I removed it.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:13 PM
11 Second Club

No jack in the back, no spare tire either. i have checked all the bolts a few times now, i have also pulled the panhard out at least 3 times. I have had this problem for about 3 years now, and its just compleatly driving me nuts now, and i have decided not to drive till i can find the problem. I was wondering if it could be my torque arm where i mounts to the rear end, I heard that the bolt holes are 14 mm but the bolts are 12mm.