Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Question about rotors...

Old 12-06-2009, 12:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about rotors...

I am going to use Jegs Prostars 2 15x4 and 15x8. Now which rotors should I use? I thought about using Roto-Tech 12" rotors. Is that ok?
Old 12-06-2009, 03:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

Drag racing is pretty hard on rotors in so far as you thermal shock them when you slam on the brakes, which are going to be pretty much cold, from 100+ mph. You also need the best brakes you can to stop the car reliably in the shut down area, and don't (I'm sure) want the car to develop the nasty shaking that cheaper rotors develop.

What do you know about Roto-tech rotors? I know they are drilled, which automatically take away both swept area the pads could otherwise be grabbing onto. I know they are no-name rotor that is drilled and slotted, and not even cheap. Hell, there are a lot of other no-names out there that you get for less (same performance).

I use ATE PremiumOne slotted rotors. The price is very similar to what you are looking at, with these differences: ATE is a OEM suppler, and a division of Continental Tires and Teves Brake systems. The ATE rotors are coated to prevent rust with a real baked on powdercoat type material, not a wash. They are also 12" rotors, hell they all are as stock is 11.8" and everyone just rounds up. These are stock replacements. ATE's leave you with more swept area for the pads to bite, and not having missing metal means the rotor is more structurally sound and offers a better heat sink.....

So, it's your call. You can spend pretty much the same money.... If cheap rotors where what I thought you'd want--I'd point you to those. I don't think that's the case and the ATE's are no more expensive, really, than what you were already considering.

You can see the different rotor options I have here here: http://stranoparts.com/searchbymodel...=191&ModelID=7
You'll notice more chioces than what Jegs' has to offer....

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-07-2009, 01:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok sounds good man...thanks

Search this Thread