Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need lowering info.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 05:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need lowering info.

I am looking at getting a set of eibach pro kit lowering springs. I have already done the heater hose mod to level the car. Just curious cause I don't want to do it twice. When I install the springs will the springs alone with the factory seat level the car or should I put the heater hose on the new springs instead. Basically I'm sure that someone here has been there done that so help me out. Thanks
Old 03-11-2010, 07:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When installing the Eibach springs, you should install the rear spring isolators.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:30 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do a search on subject of springs and rethink your choice of springs.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pjb
do a search on subject of springs and rethink your choice of springs.
based on your statement I am guessing you have a opinion on spring choice. So lets hear it.

I am not trying to autocross the car I just want a good stance but still retain some comfortable driving.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

its a well known fact that the Eibach LS1 springs have quality issues. Mostly rear sag.

The rates are also much softer than desirable for the amount of lowering they do.

IMO the best springs out are Strano, he didn't have his when I needed them and so I got the LT1 pro kit (doesn't have the quality issues and has much more desirable rates vs LS1 pro kit) at his recommendation for second best choice.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ThumperNC24
its a well known fact that the Eibach LS1 springs have quality issues. Mostly rear sag.

The rates are also much softer than desirable for the amount of lowering they do.

IMO the best springs out are Strano, he didn't have his when I needed them and so I got the LT1 pro kit (doesn't have the quality issues and has much more desirable rates vs LS1 pro kit) at his recommendation for second best choice.
So if I go with the LT1 pro kit on my LS1 it will give the same drop but better drivability?

I just want to make sure. Its very comfortable to drive long distances. I know that lowering springs are going to make it ride a little worse but I want to make sure that if I am going to sacrifice some ride quality I want it to be worth it because of the stance. Thanks
Old 03-11-2010, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes LT1 Prokit gives the same drop as LS1 Prokit but has slightly higher spring rates and the rear springs dont sag over time.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look at BMR or Hotchkis before anything Eibach IMO.....

Edit: I hated the Eibachs that came on my old LT car and went back to stock....
Old 03-12-2010, 07:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I put the Eibach ProKit on my '96 Z-28 15 years ago, back when the car was a couple of months old. There wasn't much else on the market back then. I can't say I hated them, although I will say that with the OE shocks, they didn't work too well. A set of the SLP Bilsteins, a couple of years later, helped the ride quality a LOT.

Over this winter, I installed a Strano/Koni set up. The car isn't back on the road yet, so I can't provide any comments on the differences between the two, although I will say that the car is a bit higher on the Strano springs, at least at this point.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:22 AM
On The Tree

Thanks to everyone for the input. At this point based on doing some research and looking at some pics I think I am going to shoot for the LT1 pro kit or Hotchkis. I am sure that the bmr and Strano springs are a better quality but looking at some pics of them installed I'm not sure that they are enough drop for me. I don't want it dragging the ground but I am not looking for just an inch either. Probably atleast a week before I order so I still got time to do some more research. keep the opinions coming. Thanks
Old 03-12-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol, I am considering switching out my LT1 pro-kit for stranos but I don't think the small difference would be worth it.

The socks are what makes the biggest difference

Quick Reply: Need lowering info.