Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

9" and Adjustable Torque Arm

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 9" and Adjustable Torque Arm

Ok so I had a 9" fabbed for me and the torque arm has to be cut down 3 3/4" because its too long to bolt to the side of the tranny. The guy that fabbed it and the torque arm mount said if he cuts more off the mount that it would make the mount quite a bit weaker. So now I'm needing an adjustable torque arm and I am really liking the setup BMR has with the torque arm tying into the subframe connectors. My question is will it work with having to be 3 3/4 inches shorter than stock? Will I have to cut some meat off of the BMR torque arm too or will the adjustments compensate for being 3 3/4 inches shorter?
Old 03-26-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am thinking from what you are saying you may have to have a custom t/a made. I dont think a off the shelf one will work for you.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

I wonder if someone would have a broken one that I could buy as a starting point and work from that. Also for BMR and UMI to come in here and let me know if their stuff will work or not. I called BMR the other day and they said they cannot make one to be 3 3/4" shorter. They also said they didnt know if it could be adjusted to compensate for it.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about trying a long arm setup with relocation bracket?
Old 03-30-2010, 07:59 AM
TECH Resident

because the long arm style bolts to a piece of thin sheet metal. I want something that is bolted/welded to the subframe.