Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Breaking Shocks??!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010 | 09:07 AM
Launching!

Default Breaking Shocks??!!!

I just went back to the factory height from a set of drop springs. Went to the track, did a hell of a burnout, stall up, spool up (turbo) and pop the clutch and broke my driveshaft. The next day (yesterday), i got my hands on the Exotic performance driveshaft (1000 rwhp guaranteed) and it works!!! Now, after toying with a mustang, i broke one of my Bilstein shocks Has anyone had this type of problem before and if so, how did you rectify that? My car has the Moser 12 bolt on, with the UMI torque arm (with the relocation bracket), UMI rear sway bar, Bilstein shocks, factory springs (from SLP). Thanks for your comments
Old 04-16-2010 | 01:17 PM
Banned

The only shock I ever broke was a rear shock on my F-150 4x4 while out wheeling off road.

Are you sure that your LCA's and PHB are doing their job keeping the rear centered? The only thing that I could imagine would cause a shock to physically break would be the rear not staying put under a hard launch.

Is everything still in alignment in the rear?
Old 04-16-2010 | 04:46 PM
Launching!

I'm gonna have that checked next week, the alignment. Far as i can tell, that seems to be in order, but otherwise, i guess i wouldn't have broken the shock, right?