Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Thanks Strano Performance

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010 | 07:31 PM
9 Second Club

Default Thanks Strano Performance

I recieved my springs the same week I ordered them......even theough they had to come ALLLLLLLL the way to California. I am sad they will sit in my room until I can afford some 4/4s, and a panhard bar.....but that will serve as motivation to save some coin!

I am excited to build a HPDE/Mountain run monster, and thankful we happen to have a vendor here who competes himself! I look forward to the build out on my car's suspension which will be largly UMI products with Strano springs/sways
Old 05-15-2010 | 11:22 PM
TECH Resident

I would reconsider 4/4s. Perhaps take a ride in a car with 4/4s and Bilsteins and see if you can notice a difference. I just put in Ground controls with 550/175 and Koni 4/4s and it doesnt ride much different than sportlines and kybs. Maybe I need to play with the settings but I just expected WAY more. Thankfully i got them used I would NEVER recommend the 4/4s new.
Old 05-16-2010 | 12:06 AM
9 Second Club

Thanks for the insight. I just have not read about any cheaper options that ride and handle better.
Old 05-16-2010 | 01:15 AM
On The Tree

IMO the only way to really feel the total difference is to take your car out to a competition. Period. My setup is koni/gc 600f/150r ,strano sways, adj phb. Centered, ccw classics on kumho v710's.

This is a pretty basic setup but on street tires I picked up 2 seconds on a 60 sec autox course from when the car was completly stock. On the race rubber I've picked up another 1.5-2 seconds and I'm still reprogramming my brain for the ammount of traction I have now. Only gonna get faster.

And since the OP is heading towards an HPDE vehicle, koni's are bare minimum for his application. On a race track or autox Is where the konis come into their own.
Old 05-16-2010 | 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nastyc4
I would reconsider 4/4s. Perhaps take a ride in a car with 4/4s and Bilsteins and see if you can notice a difference. I just put in Ground controls with 550/175 and Koni 4/4s and it doesnt ride much different than sportlines and kybs. Maybe I need to play with the settings but I just expected WAY more. Thankfully i got them used I would NEVER recommend the 4/4s new.
Sounds like you seriously need to make adjustments. And since you bought used, how do you know that they arn't blown out?
What do you have them set at and what is your ride height set at?
Old 05-16-2010 | 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

My Koni's with stock springs handled amazing compared to stock shocks/springs. The adjustments really make an impact when you play around with them, and I would expect larger changes with greater spring rates.

Overall, I definitely recommend the Koni's, and Strano has definitely been a pleasure to deal with.
Old 05-17-2010 | 04:39 PM
Banned

When i lived in SoCal i had Strano springs, Koni 4/4 and his sway bar installed. at that time the car only had boltons and some LCA, TA and PHR. I took it up to Palomar Mountain and was hooked ever since. The car handled like a dream, it was like it wanted me to push it harder!!