Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Susp. experts lets talk

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 09:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Susp. experts lets talk

Right now my cars suspension is bone stock all the way down to decarbon shocks. In the next month or so I will be adding all bolt-ons, cam and a spec III clutch. I am not so interested in road racing or lowering as I am in hooking up on the street and the track three or four times a year. The tires I am running right now are Kumho ectsas 275/40/17's and they go up in smoke from a dead stop. I will be going to Nittos for daily driving and who knows what at the track. So where do I start, what do I need to buy first, what is a waste of money etc. etc. with traction being my primary goal?
Old 01-12-2004, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Depending on how much money you have, you may want to look into the HAL/QA1 spring/shock setup. It's purely designed for drag racing and it's probably the best out there.

Along with that, your main concerns should be lower control arms and possibly lca relocation brackets. After that I'd look into a torque arm.
Old 01-12-2004, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buy koni/eibach combo from sam strano, might be a bit on the expensive side, but since you're upgrading the worse part of the f-body, the improvment will make you forget about the price.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're looking for dragstrip performance, Koni's aren't the best avenue. The damping on these shocks is too much for optimal weight transfer and will actually be worse than the stock decarbon shocks in that respect. They'll provide excellent handling, but will only hurt your quarter mile performance potential.

Springs won't have a significant impact on your quarter mile/straight line performance either. The stock springs aren't bad in that area. Eibach drag launch springs or the QA1s will be better, but not a night and day difference. Having an adjustable shock can be useful to tweak things though.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
buy koni/eibach combo from sam strano, might be a bit on the expensive side, but since you're upgrading the worse part of the f-body, the improvment will make you forget about the price.
Not for drag racing.

Quick Reply: Susp. experts lets talk