Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Competition Engineering Sub-Frame Connectors

Old 01-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Competition Engineering Sub-Frame Connectors

I just installed the bolt on subframe connectors on my car this past weekend. I had the car up in the air for a total of maybe an hour and a half. That's the subframe install and an oil change. They were extremely nice to install and they fit very well. Mine are powdercoated black and I paid $179.89 (PM me for website) and the guy told me he would have them by 12 the next day, I was extremely impressed by that considering I didn't order them until 4.30 on friday night and I still received them the next day. I don't think I'll end up getting them welded in afterall, they feel very solid even with my sorry tires that are on there. I'll post agian when i get the new Ecsta Supras on this weekend. Also they are boxed.

Last edited by NBM2001Z28; 01-12-2004 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's good to hear that you like that.

I've always been a fan of welding sfcs in, even if they are just bolted on. Don't know why, just seems more secure to me.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NBM2001Z28
I just installed the bolt on subframe connectors on my car this past weekend. I had the car up in the air for a total of maybe an hour and a half. That's the subframe install and an oil change. They were extremely nice to install and they fit very well. Mine are powdercoated black and I paid $179.89 (PM me for website) and the guy told me he would have them by 12 the next day, I was extremely impressed by that considering I didn't order them until 4.30 on friday night and I still received them the next day. I don't think I'll end up getting them welded in afterall, they feel very solid even with my sorry tires that are on there. I'll post agian when i get the new Ecsta Supras on this weekend. Also they are boxed.
what year of car do you have? I have a 2000 ws6 and am lookin for something to bolt on besides slp's $300 job.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Restricted User

its a 2001 Z28, the subframes are made for 93-2002 f-bodys. they fit very well and you cant beat the price for bolt ins.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:44 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the CE subframe connectors in my car, they are light but really need to be welded in the front, you will see the bolts will loosen up since they tighten down on a 2" hollow part of the floor. They need to add a plate on the top to spread the load a bit. You also have to pull up the carpet in the front and the SLPs you dont. They are decent connectors though and fit well, plus they dont hang down 3" like the SLPs or weigh 40+lbs.. But they will not be as effective as the SLPs, they are one stout bolt in connector..

Search this Thread