Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Umi Double adjustable LCA question

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 03:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Umi Double adjustable LCA question

Fedex just dropped off my LCA's.
I have one quick question that I need answered before i install them.

which way do they face?

they are double adjustable, one end of the body of the LCA has a hex shape (for a wrench) does that face the rear of the car? or does that end face the front of the car? I would assume it would face the rear, but want to make sure before i put it all in.

thanks
Old 05-22-2010, 06:06 PM
TECH Addict

I just put it which ever way makes it easier to get to. It doesn't really matter I think
Old 05-22-2010, 08:34 PM
10 Second Club

yes, that is how i ended up doing it.

other problem i have, is one side measures from the fender well about a half inch different, but both lcas are adjust exactly equal. i know i probably should find a better point to measure from, any suggestions?
Old 05-22-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

Adjust tell the measurement are equal
Old 05-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Launching!

I just did mine yesterday (UMI on-car adjustable roto joun). I was installing 315s and I noticed the left side was 2 inches further foward than the right side. The LCAs were equal length when I started but it took a great deal of adjustment to get the left side in place.

Note: I had already centered the rear with a PHR from UMI so I knew my left/rigth adjustment was fine. I measured from the front of the wheel well to the tire on either side to center it.

This was my first time doing this so I had to guess as to the best way to measures. The 315s when on without a hitch once everything was lined up.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Thanks for choosing UMI Performance we really appreciate the business! What I always suggest when trying to center up the wheels. Is to get a measurement from the lip of the rear wheel well to the lip of the wheel. Going off of the lip will give you a better measurement due to the tires could be warn different. But you for sure want to make sure you get the same measurement on both sides so you don't have the suspension in a bind. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: Umi Double adjustable LCA question