Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Do I need LCA relocation brackets

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I need LCA relocation brackets

I took the spring isolators out of my 02 camaro. I'm still running the stock springs. By removing the isolators the car is a bit lower now. do I need LCA relocation brackets now that the car is lowered? I have non adj. LCA's now with adj panhard and TA. I have no wheel hop but it does spin coming off the line. Best 60 is 1.53, best ET is 11.15 @120. I let off before the traps and I was running 17" DR on the rear. I'm going with a 15 inch set up this year.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:25 PM
TECH Regular

i am not sure but i think you will need em since the car is lowered. it always helps.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the main question here is what are your intentions for the car? is it a drag-only car? is it for auto-x/road race? just a daily driver that's driven hard?

i would say that if you're not getting wheel hop, you most likely don't need them at this point, because if your wheels are spinning, they're not sticky enough for them to be necessary.

however, if you intend for it to be a drag car, and you finally do put some sticky tires on it, you may start getting some wheel hop, and in that scenario, they may benefit you.

if drag racing is of no concern to you, and it's just a daily driver, i wouldn't worry about getting them until such time as you start getting wheel hop.

but if you're focusing on auto-x/road racing, i would steer clear of them altogether for sure, because they can cause the rear axle articulation to suffer due to the increased LCA angle of them being set up on the lowest setting.

if the car is being used for all of the above, i'd get them, but use the lowest setting on them only for drag racing, and use the higher setting for everything else....that will be the best compromise in that scenario.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Like mentioned above! They will allow you to adjust the LCA back into the correct position/angle due to the lowering process. When you lower a vehicle the front of the LCA is lower than the rear end side. And with the Brackets on they will allow you to position the control arm that the rear end side is lower than the front of the LCA. I would suggest getting them they will gain back all of the traction performance lost due to lowering the vehicle. And eliminate wheel hop issues. We offer 2 versions both a bolt on and a weld on application.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...nfrtf9q198ln45

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 06-03-2010, 07:21 AM
Launching!

The car is a fair weather street/srip car. If I install LCA relaocation brackets will I also have to purchase adj. LCAs? My rear sits perfectly in the wheel openeing now. If I use the LCA relocation brackets w/o the adj. LCAs won't it change the position.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:41 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camarorat
The car is a fair weather street/srip car. If I install LCA relaocation brackets will I also have to purchase adj. LCAs? My rear sits perfectly in the wheel openeing now. If I use the LCA relocation brackets w/o the adj. LCAs won't it change the position.
Hello
No it will still keep the tire centered in the wheel well. The only time it will offset the wheel is if you either are using a aftermarket rear or a 15 wheel with a 28in tall tire. But any other time you the wheel will be centered. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 06-03-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by camarorat
if the lower bolt holes were just all lined up vertically, then yeah, the wheel centering would be off....but all the major fabricators of these brackets have designed them to follow the same arc that the ends of the LCA's would follow when you loosen up the one end and move it up/down in an arc, so that the holes line up the way they would stock.

Quick Reply: Do I need LCA relocation brackets