Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

PHB End Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PHB End Question

So I'm about to install my new UMI Roto-Roto PHB. I bought the wrench for adjusting the ends with the PHB and I was trying to use it on them. I didn't go full force but the disks were not going to move easily. Is this normal? I figured I'd go ahead with the install since they're tight on there.

Second thing I was wondering is hard to describe so I got a picture of it. It's the black thing next to the grease fitting. Anyone know what that's for?

Attached Thumbnails PHB End Question-phbend.jpg  
Old 06-17-2010, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

I'm gonna guess and say that the "black thing" is an allen wrench worm screw that is preventing you from taking off the roto cover. It's put there to prevent the cover from backing off. Unscrew the worm screw and then you should be able to remove the cover.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Launching!

Yeah I think you're right. Now that I look through the joint I can see it sits in the threads for the cover blocking it from coming off. I don't need to take it off now since I know it's on there tight, but I had heard of people having issues with the cover backing off so I guess that's how UMI fixed it.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

looks good, you're lucky you got the new design. Mine backed out about 100 miles after installing them but a little bit of blue loctite seems to have fixed the problem.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Launching!

Well I bought locktite just in case I had to make them stay put, but I'm glad they fixed the design. One less thing to worry about. How well do the adjusters stay in place? They don't need locktite do they?
Old 06-17-2010, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

When did they "fix" the design? I ordered mine a little while back and am curious to know the round about date. Mine are still in the bubble wrap.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrx8200
So I'm about to install my new UMI Roto-Roto PHB. I bought the wrench for adjusting the ends with the PHB and I was trying to use it on them. I didn't go full force but the disks were not going to move easily. Is this normal? I figured I'd go ahead with the install since they're tight on there.

Second thing I was wondering is hard to describe so I got a picture of it. It's the black thing next to the grease fitting. Anyone know what that's for?

Hello
Thanks for choosing UMI Performance for your suspension needs. Actually the spanner wrench that you purchased is just for when you need to rebuild the roto joint. It's not of adjusting anything. And like mentioned above the black thing is a set screw. That is just added security even though our old design had 2 compression washers. The reason why we changed the design is because the set screw is easier to tighten rather than try to compress the 2 washers on the old design. A lot of guys were having issues because of the tight tolerance. And that is why we changed other than that there is no difference between either style. Just more installation friendly!
Thanks Again
Brad
Old 06-18-2010, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by venom 13
when did they "fix" the design? I ordered mine a little while back and am curious to know the round about date. Mine are still in the bubble wrap.
.....?

Quick Reply: PHB End Question