12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drag set up

what is the best setup for lowing 0-60 times with slicks,
Old 06-28-2010, 07:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
First welcome to the forum! To help you improve your 60ft times. I would suggest going with aftermarket rear LCA's and Pan Hard Bar. And a set of relocation brackets to eliminate any wheel hoping issues and increase your traction performance. And as well as a set of SFC's to allow you to keep the chassis solid and eliminate any issues with chassis damage such as dimples on the quarter panels. And also a tunnel mounted torque arm will allow the weight to transfer faster than a full length arm and also will allow you to adjust your pinion angle. And last thing would be a set of coil-overs to help with weight transfer and a good set of shocks to allow the weight to carry over the rear and not unload so fast. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...kusclfsh0e0a62

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 06-28-2010, 11:27 AM
10 Second Club

First things first. What kind of car is this, how much power does it have, what are your goals for the car, what type of drivability issues are you willing to put up with, and what's your budget look like?

The more information you give out about your car the better the chances that you are going to get a meaningful answer.

Good luck,

~Jim~
Old 06-30-2010, 06:15 AM
12 Second Club

thanks for the reply, my car is 2002 camaro ls1 i allready have subfram connectors,lower trac bars, ajatable phantom bar, for the engine long tube headers offroad y pype flowmaster exaust and coutout slp lid and polluter delux cam kit, i tryed the air spring helper but i lost driveabillity at higer speeds and the rear is too stiff. should i play with the front suspension!!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:32 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
For a Drag/Street set up. I would suggest going with a stock rear spring and a good adjustable rear shock. And as far as the front you could always go with a coil over set up to help with your weight transfer. And a 300lb spring will still allow you to maintain a good ride quality and make the car perform well too. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 06-30-2010, 09:34 AM
12 Second Club

thanks brad
Old 06-30-2010, 02:34 PM
FormerVendor

No Problem....Glad that I could help!
Thanks
Brad