Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Madman Torque arm ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Madman Torque arm ???

I am seriously lookin to upgrading from my UMI tranny mounted TA w. relocation bracket to a Madman Torque arm setup.... I am currently running TSP true dual w. Bullets on it dumped before the axel, Im pretty much set on the TA, but will it work w. the true duals, If anyone is running this , let me know how it works and whether u had to modify the exhaust any and what u did to make it work
Old 07-06-2010, 06:14 PM
TECH Resident

Anyone ?? If anything, what kind of exhaust setups are u guys running with the TA
Old 07-07-2010, 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, $700.00+ for a TA? Bud, that is a lot of dough for a TA.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a lot of money for a TA but there is a reason it is that much. It is one of the stoutest TA's on the market! If you are doing a lot of racing and making big power, it's the one to have. We are running the TA on our H/C record car.

On the exhaust, with the cross-member running along the bottom of the car, the true duals won't clear. You will have to modify the exhaust to work with that TA.

Jon
Old 07-07-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
It is a lot of money for a TA but there is a reason it is that much. It is one of the stoutest TA's on the market! If you are doing a lot of racing and making big power, it's the one to have. We are running the TA on our H/C record car.

On the exhaust, with the cross-member running along the bottom of the car, the true duals won't clear. You will have to modify the exhaust to work with that TA.

Jon
Cool man, sounds good...I dont have a super big power car by no means, but i need all the help i can get, just switched to 4.56 gears for my t56 and gonna put heads and a fast 90 on it, kinda want to get ahead of the game also because i plan on going bigger cubes and alot more power in the next few years
Old 07-07-2010, 05:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I was the same way. If you know what your future plans are then it is kind of nice to not spend the money twice.

Jon
Old 07-10-2010, 01:01 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a tunnel mounted torque arm that has a crossmeber designed specifically around the TSP duals. made of chromemoly, tig welded, comes with a driveshaft loop installed and powdercoated finish. pm or call us for more info

Quick Reply: Madman Torque arm ???