Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

hardware????????

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 05:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hardware????????

When I bought my torque arm, panhard bar, LCAs of here now hardware was sent. Can I use the stock hardware? We are trying to put it all on this weekend and I am running out of time.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:36 AM
Launching!

I know the panhard and lca's will work but i am not quite sure about the torque arm. It should work, but hopefully you have the hardware for the torque arm end that either attaches to the tunnel mount or the transmission clamshell.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pewterfbody
When I bought my torque arm, panhard bar, LCAs of here now hardware was sent. Can I use the stock hardware? We are trying to put it all on this weekend and I am running out of time.
To be brief, yes you can use the same bolts. If you have access to some grade 8 hardware (grade 10.9 in metric I think) in the correct size and thread pitch, you can get new ones.
The stock bolts from the factory are pretty strong, its the stamped torque arm, panhard bar, and LCA's that are the weak point.

A really good hardware store should have them, maybe a Loews or Home depot, but you really need to be sure of the grade of the bolts. Don't use some cheap Taiwanese made bolts. If you buy new ones, be sure they are the right grade. I'm lucky there is a really good local hardware store that carries all the right grade and sizes in both metric and standard.
Good luck.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
When you purchase new suspension components. A lot of companies do offer replacement hardware as well. Such as we offer replacement LCA hardware (part # 3001) for $10.99+S/H and we also offer upgraded hardware for the torque arms as well for $19.99+ S/H which is (part # 3003). Now as far as the pan-hard bar hardware it is going to either be reuse the stock or go to a local GM Dealer due to it being a step bolt. But if you aren't interested in purchasing the upgraded hardware then the stock hardware will be fine as well just depends on the condition of it. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help. Below is a link to show you what all kits we have to offer.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...7t97bo3vk293b0

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...7t97bo3vk293b0

Thanks
Brad
Old 07-08-2010, 07:42 AM
On The Tree

so the hardware will innerchange in between different maufactures