Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano VS Eibach Pro

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1balt
I have heard that stranos are good springs, but one thing i noticed about stranos as compared to Eibach pro's, Is - Strano springs lower the rear of your car more than the front ones. Which makes your car look awkard in my opinion. Their is a 35 th SS here with strano springs and Koni adjustables and the car does not sit even. His car looks like only the rear dropped dramatically. Not bashing the strano's but they dont sit the car even. As far as the Eibach pro's which i have on my car, along with Koni adjustables- The ride height is real even and level. THey handle real good and i dont really scrape at all. Hope this helps.
Thats the exact opposite of what Ive seen over the years.
I've never heard of Strano springs sitting shorter in the rear unless someone didn't re-install the rubber rear spring seat.
On the other hand now search "spring sag" and you will notice countless threads with Eibach rear springs sagging and giving the reverse rake look.
Im on strano springs and still have a forward rake look, the rear sits slightly higher than the front.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard that stranos are good springs, but one thing i noticed about stranos as compared to Eibach pro's, Is - Strano springs lower the rear of your car more than the front ones. Which makes your car look awkard in my opinion. Their is a 35 th SS here with strano springs and Koni adjustables and the car does not sit even. His car looks like only the rear dropped dramatically. Not bashing the strano's but they dont sit the car even. As far as the Eibach pro's which i have on my car, along with Koni adjustables- The ride height is real even and level. THey handle real good and i dont really scrape at all. Hope this helps.
Thats crazy how yours sits even but this guy's 35th LE isnt. The same guy who put my umi upper and lower control arms along with koni adjustables also installed the strano springs and koni adjustables on that 35th LE camaro. I dont think you can improperly install springs, They only go one way. I was going to sell my eibachs cause of all the good feed back that i heard about strano's, but when i saw how that 35th LE sat, i decided not to go that route.
Do either of you own the car in question? There is a lot to consider here besides "Oh strano springs suck they lower the back of the car too much." They sell like ******* hotcakes, and are backordered every time he gets a shipment. Something tells me you don't have all the facts. Does this car have weight removed from the front? Battery relocation? Heavy stereo system? Does it have the rear isolators, or did it have the hose mod previously causing it to sit weird? Hell, maybe you got a bad set of springs, did you call Sam and ask if there might be a problem? If not, then you're just trolling and
Old 07-18-2010, 06:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

I've had both the Eibach Pro-Kit and the Strano springs. I went with the Eibach Pro-Kit the first time and discovered just how bad a choice it was!. The ride was horrible, and the rear hit the bumpstops constantly. I was NOT happy at all! I like the lowered look, but I couldn't stand the ride and handling and actually didn't like driving the car anymore it was so bad. I decided to go ahead and spend the $1K and go with the Strano/Koni set-up and I'm soooo glad I did. The car is fun to drive AND looks good now too. I learned my lesson! I tried to take the cheap way out and just go with the Pro-Kit on stock replacement shocks, but the saying of you get what you pay for really is true I've learned when it comes to our suspensions. Granted, the Eibach's may have done better with the Koni's, but even the Koni's wouldn't have kept me off the rear bumpstops IMO.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My rear still sits higher than the front with the stranos on. My car was really raked stock, but the stranos have evened it out more, but for some reason the rear of my car likes to sit higher than the front
Old 07-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ninetres
This is the first thread I have read of 100s of Strano Spring installs that says the back sits lower than the front. Definitly an install issue or a defective spring(s).

I kid you not, that LE did not sit even. It could be a defective spring for all i know. He gets on this forum pretty often. If i get a chance i will post a link to his profile which shows his car not sitting level.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Banned

could it be the SHOCK was not adjusted correctly with the strano spring making it lower in the rear?

Thats what I could see. I had strano springs on my monte. They sat perfect. I had Eibach Pro Kit on my fourth gen camaro and it was OK. Sat beautiful but the ride quality was definately insulted.

This time I wanted to go with Hotchkis on my 2000 Camaro SS but I found a CRACK HEAD DEAL on Eibach ProKit so I went with it again. I havent installed them yet but I will let you know how I feel about them soon enough
Old 07-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
Do either of you own the car in question? There is a lot to consider here besides "Oh strano springs suck they lower the back of the car too much." They sell like ******* hotcakes, and are backordered every time he gets a shipment. Something tells me you don't have all the facts. Does this car have weight removed from the front? Battery relocation? Heavy stereo system? Does it have the rear isolators, or did it have the hose mod previously causing it to sit weird? Hell, maybe you got a bad set of springs, did you call Sam and ask if there might be a problem? If not, then you're just trolling and
I own a Z28 with Eibach pro kit springs along with koni Adjustables and which is why i say my car sits even. Ive had them Eibachs on my car for 3 years and still have no rake look. If you would of paid attention in the first place, you would see that im not bashing the strano's, just giving my opinion of what i have seen in person. I aint no punk who looks at people profiles and make my judgements on that. The guy with the LE Camaro, I know who he is and have even seen his car in person which is why i can attest to what i say. No he doesnt have weight removed from the front. As far as the rear isolators go, i havnt asked him personally about that. Also not sure if he contacted Sam, im not his Dad. Maybe you need to let people explain their opinions before you talk sh*t.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

EDIT: not trying to start a fight here.

Just tired of the constant vendor flaming. Check out the manual section, jesus its bad. You might have done better to say "I saw one car that sat wrong with those springs" rather than
Strano springs lower the rear of your car more than the front ones.
That makes it sound like you're saying ALL of them sit that way, is all. I apologize for being a dick like that I'm really freakin sick and hating life at the moment.

Last edited by Arc00TA; 07-18-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Suspension fight! Two men enter, one man leaves!
Old 07-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Staging Lane

ya this is great
Old 07-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Teching In

EDIT: not trying to start a fight here.

Just tired of the constant vendor flaming. Check out the manual section, jesus its bad. You might have done better to say "I saw one car that sat wrong with those springs" rather than

That makes it sound like you're saying ALL of them sit that way, is all. I apologize for being a dick like that I'm really freakin sick and hating life at the moment.
Well thanks for apologizing. I too dont like to start fights on forums, being that sometimes i appreciate the advice from other forum members. And yes, next time i will explain my opinions a little bit more detailed. In no shape or form am i trying to bash stranos. Im even still considering of ordering a set of strano springs being that everybody recommends the strano and koni set up to be the best. So again everybody ( I saw one car that sat wrong with those springs). That LE must of had a defective set of Stranos or something.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Teching In

What about the Hotchkis stuff??
Old 07-19-2010, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well thanks for apologizing. I too dont like to start fights on forums, being that sometimes i appreciate the advice from other forum members. And yes, next time i will explain my opinions a little bit more detailed. In no shape or form am i trying to bash stranos. Im even still considering of ordering a set of strano springs being that everybody recommends the strano and koni set up to be the best. So again everybody ( I saw one car that sat wrong with those springs). That LE must of had a defective set of Stranos or something.
I hope mine don't sit crooked they're in the mail be here tuesday. I heard the BMRs and Prokit drop the car about the same too. I had prokit on my cobra and it was pretty nice, but IRS feels totally different than a solid axle.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

Im currently running eibach pros w/factory shocks but Im looking to change up to strano springs/koni yellows. Kind of an unfair comparison but Ill tell everyone the difference between the 2 setups.

I have no complaints about the eibach pros so far.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:31 PM
12 Second Club

I'm happy with the pro kit, the stranos don't lower the car enough for me.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Smile

My only issues with the Pro-kit springs are their to soft, they alway seem to lower the car noticeably more then stated, and having the rear springs bend/sag with the LT1 Pro-kit I had on my 99Z28. On the other hand, Strano's springs being that they have a linear spring rate are less apt bottom out on the bump stops. At least compared to progressive rate lowering springs with the same drop and final spring rate, and Sam's springs which are made by Vogtland (to Sam's specs) don't sag and the drop is very close to what's stated.
If you still want progressive rate springs get the Hotchkis, or Vogtland regular 4th Gen F-body lowering springs, H&R would also be good choice, or KB Hypercoil springs.
All IMO, are a better choice than the Eibachs.

Good luck with you final choice.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have Strano's and my car sits level with the heater hose mod. I do however have a t-top well dual 12" box and two amps in back. My car bottoms out so often. I have adjusted my Koni's but they can't save it from crashing into the bump stops. I may have to put the isolators back in but I really like how it sits with the heater hose. Sam is a awesome sponsor and really does go the extra mile. That and that alone is reason enough to buy his products to me. I don't see other vendors in this section even half as often trying to help members as Sam does. He sets the bar in customer relations. And as far as Strano springs being always on back order and not in stock...he made it sound like he waits until he has enough on order to have a run of springs produced by his supplier in Europe. I had to wait around 2 months for them and they were hung up in customs briefly I believe.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have BMR springs and love how my car sits. definitely had to get rid of that awful 4x4 stance. i havent had any problems with my springs or anything.

here is link where i posted pics of my car with the BMR 1.25 springs
18" C5 Z06 rims..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-kyb-pics.html
Old 08-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Banned

The pro-kit rides like ***. I had one and sold it for ground controls and bilsteins. I'm about to change again to a more drag friendly setup.

It doesn't sag in the rear, that's just the look you get. IMHO the rear springs on the pro-kit are way too soft.

If I wanted a nice lowered street car and corner carver, I would call Sam. Man knows his suspension stuff.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:01 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

They aren't ALWAYS on backorder (though good things comes to those who wait). I have good stock right now. Looking at a number of sets boxed and ready to ship.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: Strano VS Eibach Pro