Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New Double Adjustable SHocks

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Double Adjustable SHocks

This weekend I am installing a set of QA1 Double adjustable shocks, front and rear, along with 300lb front springs in my 95 z28. Does anyone have suggestions for setting that I can start out with as a baseline before I get them set for my car? I need basic street daily driving setting and can go from there for setting for other types of driving.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Try to compress your springs and adjust the spanner nut before putting shocks on the car if you can. (about 3/4 of the threads up) This way you can back down to your height your looking for.
I read this and will be trying it for adjustment:

The extension setting on the front shocks is really important. This adjusts how fast your weight transfers from front to rear. Start with a middle setting and loosen 2 clicks each run. Watch your 60 foot times. Keep loosening the settings until your 60 foot times stabilize or you run out of adjustment.

The compression setting on your rear shocks is also important. Start in the middle and stiffen the setting by 2 clicks per run. Keep stiffening as long as your 60 foot times keep improving. Be careful. If the shocks are too stiff, the car will dance around on the top half of the track and you run the risk of losing control of the car. Not good.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Thanks, that helps with the track part. What about basic shock settings for normal driving. Any ideas where to start?

Quick Reply: New Double Adjustable SHocks