Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need suggestions for shocks...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need suggestions for shocks...

So I picked up a rolling chassis, and it came with QA1 single adjustable coil overs in the front, and Comp Engineering drag race shocks in the rear. I guess it would make a descent drag race setup, but I am not planning on drag racing this car, or even take it to the track. I have a set of good stock Decabons from my 99 SS..Should I just toss those on? I am looking for a comfortable ride, nothing that will feel like a boat. The car will make a little over 400rwhp, but I could care less bout track results with this car. Just want a better daily driver setup. What do you guys recommend without me dropping big money on aftermarket stuff. I know for sure the QA1's have to go, but what about the Comp Engineering?
Old 07-28-2010, 03:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you don't plan to lower it, you can't really beat the bilstiens. They are a good monotube and feel nice on the street. I liked mine a lot. They're like $400 for a set.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

For the best of both worlds in ride comfort and handling response,The Koni sa's are the
best shock period.They cost more than the bilsteins but are way better.Call up Sam
Strano and talk to him about it.He is the man to talk to about shocks.