Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Shits and gigs question

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 11:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ***** and gigs question

so, i would really only do this for asthetics when the hood is up, but does the STB really serve ANY good use in a heavy drag application, i thought no, considering i dont run a front sway bar as i want the most advantage i can get. Thanx, not really worried about it, just a bullshit thought, but if it wont hurt my times really, i might do it for the hell of it!
Old 08-13-2010, 12:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
so, i would really only do this for asthetics when the hood is up, but does the STB really serve ANY good use in a heavy drag application, i thought no, considering i dont run a front sway bar as i want the most advantage i can get. Thanx, not really worried about it, just a bullshit thought, but if it wont hurt my times really, i might do it for the hell of it!
Well having no front swaybar is different in this situation from having no STB. The swaybar twisting against the endlink bushings starts to provide resistance to the entire car coming up too high. And that's supposedly bad for drag racing (I'm not a drag racer but I think I understand the concept there). STB does nothing to prevent the front end from coming up, except add a few lbs under the hood.

Heavy drag racing I would guess is probably the hardest type of application on the chassis maybe? I don't know exactly how much the car chassis can twist. I'm not sure if the launch can twist the front section. I only know the basics.. the engine, driveshaft, and rear end want to all resist each other and twist opposite ways.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd imagine the front end of the car could get tweaked, but you'd have to be running quite a bit of power to even start pondering it. Probably an academic point for most cars.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Element
I'd imagine the front end of the car could get tweaked, but you'd have to be running quite a bit of power to even start pondering it. Probably an academic point for most cars.
Yeah basically. When he starts doing wheelies, then it might be time to take it into consideration