Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach/Sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Eibach/Sway bars

Anyone have a recommendation of where to get the Eibach Pro kit, as well as some larger Sway bars? And anyone know if the 17" z06 rims with the Eibach Pro kit on it would scrape?
Old 01-23-2004, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've got the 17" z06 rims and considered the prokit. i finally decided on the dms springs. i can't say anything else yet because i don't have them installed as of now. in the meantime, here are dms pictures compared with the stock ride on the same car. i think you can tell which is which...

the drop is virtually the same (only the eibach rears sit about 2 tenths of an inch lower, and i'll explain that more in a sec...), and the prices are not the same - you'll get dms springs for about $50 cheaper. dms springs also have a rake effect - the front sits lower than the rear. a lot of people, like me, like that slight tilt look - it makes the car look more agressive. decide if you like that or not before you purchase the dms springs. a lot of people that don't like that look wind up taking the rear spring cushions out of their cars to make the rear drop a little more (woulda been nice if they had known of the rake effect beforehand so they could have bought eibachs from the start).

eibachs have a linear spring rate (which means it's consistent) and dms's rate is progressive (which means it changes depending on how you are driving the car). the harder you drive the car (hard braking, tight cornering, etc) on progressive springs, the more it makes your shocks/ride suffer, because the spring rate increases to an amount that the shocks aren't *meant* to handle. a lot of people won't recommend using progressive springs on an f-body, but i think for a daily driven car, it's never going to be an issue. good luck deciding. hope this helps. more dms pics from the same car:

http://community.webshots.com/user/irace2

Last edited by tuffluck; 01-23-2004 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ahh those are the same as the 10 spoked z06 rims right? those are the ones i'm getting =/. Looks soooo much better lowered lol. no more 4x4 yay!!!!
Old 01-24-2004, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

nah. those aren't z06 at all. they are the chrome zr1 rims. 17"s though, so they both have that in common
Old 01-28-2004, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have Eibach Pro-Kit and the Suspension Techniques front and rear Sway Bar kit (35mm/25mm). The ride height is perfect, it gives that lower aggressive stance without being so low that I scrape everything. The Sway Bars are by far the best mod I have done and I think anyone can do to get rid of the body roll of an F-Body. By the way...I also have 17" x 9.5" Z06 rims up front and 18" x 10.5" Z06 rims out back. This setup looks killer.
Attached Thumbnails Eibach/Sway bars-ss-lowered-01.jpg  

Quick Reply: Eibach/Sway bars