Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Spring drop

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spring drop

I will changing my shocks soon (Bilstein HD's) and I figured while I'm at it I'll change the springs. What would be a good choice?
I know I can't drop the car with the HD's, but is their a spring out their with only a slight drop that will work with the HD's or do I HAVE too be at stock height to use the HD's?
Old 08-21-2010, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Shutout
I will changing my shocks soon (Bilstein HD's) and I figured while I'm at it I'll change the springs. What would be a good choice?
I know I can't drop the car with the HD's, but is their a spring out their with only a slight drop that will work with the HD's or do I HAVE too be at stock height to use the HD's?
You can use any spring you want, it just isn't really recommended to use HD's with lowering springs, they supposedly don't have the valving to deal with higher springs rates and less travel. There is no reason you have to swap out your springs(they don't wear out like shocks), if you are happy with the height then I wouldn't bother, the shocks will make a huge difference alone.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, I'll just replace the shocks. Thanks