Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

which torque arm

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 07:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default which torque arm

I currently have a spohn adjustable long arm and just did a th400 swap that i traded for, the previous owner had the short arm that is tunnel mounted so he bought the th400 crossmember without a torque arm mount...

it would be cheaper for me to just buy the crossmember with the torque arm mount built into it but would it be beneficial for me to buy tunnel mounted short arm instead and sell my long arm.... either way the rm isn't gonna be mounted to the tailshaft, so I guess it comes down to which one is better for drag racing and is it worthit to go through the hassle
Old 10-04-2010, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also looking at getting a torque arm or new sway bars. Cant decide on which to get. I don't drag though but want to firm it up.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is this a street car or a strictly drag car?
Old 10-04-2010, 10:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by kicksZ28
I am also looking at getting a torque arm or new sway bars. Cant decide on which to get. I don't drag though but want to firm it up.
You have already made your decision....

Sway bars will cut roll, quicken response and change the balance of the car. The Torque are does none of those things--a TA is not a handling part. It's a traction part.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 10-05-2010, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looking at your hollow ones Sam. Hope to either get the set or get the front first and then the back. Thanks
Old 10-05-2010, 09:25 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro383
I currently have a spohn adjustable long arm and just did a th400 swap that i traded for, the previous owner had the short arm that is tunnel mounted so he bought the th400 crossmember without a torque arm mount...

it would be cheaper for me to just buy the crossmember with the torque arm mount built into it but would it be beneficial for me to buy tunnel mounted short arm instead and sell my long arm.... either way the rm isn't gonna be mounted to the tailshaft, so I guess it comes down to which one is better for drag racing and is it worthit to go through the hassle
Hello,

It would be cheaper to purchase just the crossmember at $240 rather than $370+ for a new tunnel mounted torque arm. It depends on what you are going to do with the vehicle but either set up will work fine for drag racing, the long torque arm with relocation crossmember will be a little more street friendly. Here is a link to ours- www.umiperformance.com/2213

If you have any questions please let me know, I am glad to help. Thanks!
Ryan

Quick Reply: which torque arm