Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Suspension suggestions

Looking to get a really good strip/street setup that will hook at the track, but won't effect street driving too much. I've got an idea of what I want to do, but before I start ordering I want to make sure I'm on the right track. Here's my plan:

(these are already on the car)
Eibach pro kit
Tublar LCAs
ADJ Panhard bar
Torque arm/safety loop
SFCs

(This is what I'm looking at doing)
9" moser
LCA brackets
Competition engineering drag shocks
Mickeys or Nitto NT01s
Front sway bar removed (track use only)

Suggestons are welcomed and appreciated
Old 10-13-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 09jyounger
Looking to get a really good strip/street setup that will hook at the track, but won't effect street driving too much. I've got an idea of what I want to do, but before I start ordering I want to make sure I'm on the right track. Here's my plan:

(these are already on the car)
Eibach pro kit
Tublar LCAs
ADJ Panhard bar
Torque arm/safety loop
SFCs

(This is what I'm looking at doing)
9" moser
LCA brackets
Competition engineering drag shocks
Mickeys or Nitto NT01s
Front sway bar removed (track use only)

Suggestons are welcomed and appreciated
The Nitto NT01's are a road race tire, not a drag tire so the side walls are probably going to be stiffer then what you want.
And the Comp engineering drag shocks are going to kill your ride quality and any kind of hope to turn that you have left. Get an adjustable sport shock (like koni SAs), you will still get weight transfer on lower settings yet drastically improve ride, feel and handling instead of hurting them.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great input! Yeah, I knew drag shocks were going to affect cornering pretty good, but I wasn't sure how lowering springs would affect weight transfer, so I kinda figured I was going a little overkill on shock selection.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:37 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

adjustable shocks and springs will work great in combination with the suspension components. if you are looking into a 9 inch rear, then make sure you consider the MWC fabricated 9 inch package. it comes with a chromemoly adjustable torque arm, 4 hole relocator style lca brackets, sway bar mounts, drain plug, and all the other small features like brake line clips and e-brake cable brackets that make it a true bolt-in, where the other 9 inch rearends out there don't even offer some of those things and charge you for the others. we also offer things like the lca's and phb kit, and SFC's at a discount when ordered with a rearend. you may also be interested in our super lightweight chromemoly Watts link kit that is also a bolt-on part for the 9 inch, and is quite a bit less cost than the other ones on the market.

Quick Reply: Suspension suggestions