Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Looking for some options

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some options

Hey all

Bought my 2002 WS6 2 years ago. The car came lowered on what I believe are Eibach's with stock GM shocks. Here in Central PA the roads are not that great. I have thought about raising the car back up to stock height just to make it easier to drive around. I can go over most things but I haven been known to get stuck on a speed bump or 2.

I've been doing research and I have no idea what to do. Just go back to stock springs and get some better shocks or should I swap to springs like Hotchkis makes that advertise only a 1" drop? If I do that, do I have to spend alot of money on a decent set of shocks? Do I just need to replace the GM shocks and keep the eibachs? Either way those GM shocks have to go. I'm sure they are trashed at this point.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whether you're running at stock height or using lowering springs, I would definitely go for a set of better shocks. If you're satisfied with the stock height, pairing stock springs with Koni's, Bilsteins, or KYB shocks over worn out stockers would definitely result in an increase in ride, handling, and stability for the car. Also, if you just want a slight drop, you can get the Koni shocks and use the lower perch they include on the front and the heater hose mod in the back for a .75"/.5" drop while maintaining the comfort of the stock springs.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The koni shocks with stock springs sounds like a great option. Thanks for the tip!!