Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

alignment for new suspension

Old 12-25-2010, 03:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default alignment for new suspension

This weekend I'm installing a bunch of new suspension. The list includes #### BMR hiem/poly LCAs, BMR hiem/poly panhard, 1 inch drop 170lb rear springs, QA1 rear single adjustable shocks, BMR k-member, BMR poly upper A arms, BMR lower A arms, QA1 single adjustable struts, 325lb .5 inch drop springs, BMR sway####. What kind of alignment would be best for my setup keeping in mind that I want to handle? I was thinking -2 degrees camber, .5 degrees toe out and maybe -2 pinion angle. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by greasess
This weekend I'm installing a bunch of new suspension. The list includes #### BMR hiem/poly LCAs, BMR hiem/poly panhard, 1 inch drop 170lb rear springs, QA1 rear single adjustable shocks, BMR k-member, BMR poly upper A arms, BMR lower A arms, QA1 single adjustable struts, 325lb .5 inch drop springs, BMR sway####. What kind of alignment would be best for my setup keeping in mind that I want to handle? I was thinking -2 degrees camber, .5 degrees toe out and maybe -2 pinion angle. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Im sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you should have searched before you went and randomly bought parts. If you have any interest in handling then your best bet would be to ditch the drag shocks ASAP. Those are going to be holding you back a lot, and make the car unstable, unpredictable and nervous to drive while being floaty and jarring at the same time.
As far as alignments this is a good general idea here:
http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/suspension.html
Old 12-25-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What he said if your going for handling your going to really want to get rid of the QA1s and get something like some Koni's.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the link. As far as the shocks go, I chose them for a reason.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by greasess
Thanks for the link. As far as the shocks go, I chose them for a reason.
Whats the reason?
Just don't expect to have good handling or ride quality with them, and check for leaks often too...
Old 12-26-2010, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

There isn't anything inherently wrong with a QA1 shock. I'm planning on modifying them. I'll change the valving and a few other things. I want 9 second passes and handling. I know that won't allow me to do as well as I could at either but that's ok. Besides! Wheelspin at 100 is fun What's your setup like?

Last edited by greasess; 12-26-2010 at 05:11 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: alignment for new suspension