Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Power Stop, Kinetic..Differences?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Stop, Kinetic..Differences?

I'm looking to get new brakes for the goat (2004) and am considering Power Stops cause I've seen a lot of good reviews. I've been looking on here and saw all the guys that work for Brakemotive giving discount and deals but if I get on their Ebay store its just Kinetic rotors made in China? I want the Power Stop brand, gold, drilled only! I'm hoping one of their guys can tell me what a front and rear kit with the hi perf z26 pads and gold slotted only rotors will run. I wanna know what you guys think about these rotors and pads. Good and BAD reviews please. Thanks.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

PM me if you don't want to post a bad review but Id like to hear pros and cons.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

Nobody chimed in. I just ordered frt and rear for my goat from Brakemotive. Guess well see how they fare on a DD car. I drive pretty responsibly and dont do much city driving so wish me luck guys.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Brakes still arent here yet, how do you guys think they will do? Im hoping they wont crak like drilled rotors do sometimes. I was hoping someone on her wouldve had their $.02 to put in as I've seen a lot of pros and cons posted in here about these brand rotors and pads. Ordered some for my fiances' 07' Charger too.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Banned

power stop are not as popular on these cars. Brembo, ATE and there's another brand i cant think of are the popular ones. As well as stock replacements for the guys who autox or RR alot cause its cheaper to replace stock replacements at the local parts store.

Depending on the quality of the rotor, the drilled holes may never crack, or they will crack within the year. I have Baer drilled and slotted rotors that are now close to 5 years old and over 70k miles on them and they have slight cracks but nothing hurting the rotors or brakes ability.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cookba
power stop are not as popular on these cars. Brembo, ATE and there's another brand i cant think of are the popular ones. As well as stock replacements for the guys who autox or RR alot cause its cheaper to replace stock replacements at the local parts store.

Depending on the quality of the rotor, the drilled holes may never crack, or they will crack within the year. I have Baer drilled and slotted rotors that are now close to 5 years old and over 70k miles on them and they have slight cracks but nothing hurting the rotors or brakes ability.
brakemotive used to sell on here, search the userid theres plenty of people using the kinetic rotors with good success. unless you do a lot of high-speed highway runs you shouldn't have any issues with a drilled rotor cracking on a street car. let us know how they work for you.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Teching In

I ran these on my GTO for a year before I sold it. Put about 15k miles on them. ZERO issues and ZERO brake dust.

I previously had DBA 4000XS rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Yes, these were better from high speed stops but it was overkill for a DD.

Since then, I've put these on my wife's HHR SS, my Mustang GT, and I'm about to put these on my new to me C5Z06.

My only complaint is the pads could have a tad more bite, but thats why the offer the Z26 pad option.

I know it was an old thread. I just googled for reviews on a specific pad and saw this. had to share my expereince.

Quick Reply: Power Stop, Kinetic..Differences?