Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Camaro suspension help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro suspension help!!!

I have a 94 Camaro z28 m6... I'm building a 383 but wanna do the suspension...I have 600 right now that I can spend but what is everything I should do to make it firmer and better handling.. It's for drag and track racing use...do I have to lower the car? It seems like if I lower it I'll hit speed bumps and stuff lol.. Also as of right now all I have is kyb agx rear shocks but ever time I have 2 people in the back seat if I hit a bump theirs a bang hard.. Is it my shocks? Only with people in the rear seat...but please tell me everything I need to get for suspension thanks and if I should lower it
Old 01-10-2011, 01:21 AM
Launching!

id look at the bilstein hd shocks, if your worried about ground clearance then id probably not lower the car. If you dont want to do the bilsteins look at the koni off car adjustable for the rear as they can handle more weight, and should keep you off the bump stops. If your going to lower the car, you need a shock with the proper valving, which would be the koni shocks. If your lowering you should look at stranoperformance springs or bmr and you will also need a panhard rod. People are still able to launch reasonably well using either, and both are similar in rates. You could also look at the air bags strano sells for the rear for when you have two people in the back to raise the car back up. I think lowering may be out of your 600 dollar budget if you wanted to do it right.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:42 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

$600 isn't quite enough to make the car "firmer and better handling" for "drag and track use". The problem is increased handling and the drag strip don't really mix. There are plenty of solutions for increasing traction at the drag strip that will easily fit within your budget. Making the car handle better for $600 will be more difficult because the basis for this is springs and shocks and you are looking at closer to $1k for this. The nice thing about the springs and shocks though is that they work great at the drag strip too!

If you had to choose one of the 3 (drag racing, street handling, autoX/road racing) which is most important to you?
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 01-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Banned

BMR im lookin for mainly drag..thats most important...since I have kyb agx should I just gut the agx front shocks too? What are thr pros and cons of performance lowering sprimgs like eobach? Also im lookin to get BMR sub frame connectors. Traction amd pan hard bars...and when I finosh the engine im gettin the bmr lt1 front end
Old 01-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Banned

I also would like to have that aggtessive stance when the rear is alil higjer than the front...not sute if tjats springs or tires? ..do u know whats the biggest wheel tire that can fit on the stock 16 by 8 rims?