Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Changing bushing on BMR LCA

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing bushing on BMR LCA

I just ordered a set of single adjustable LCA's with the rubber bushing upgrade.

Well, it comes with the poly's already installed. How the heck do i get the poly's out to put the rubber ones in? It doesn't seem like i can just pry them out with a screwdriver.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 206 Likes on 160 Posts

Try pushing the sleeve out with a vice, or big c-clamp, with a short 8mm socket, and a long socket big enough to surround the sleeve. It should then be easy to pull the bushings out.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It should have come with the rubber bushings already installed - sounds like they made a mistake with your order.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

We had a couple of sets go out with the rubber bushings included in the box instead of installed (an error on our part )

The bushing are however very easy to remove and install.

Just push out the steel inner sleeve and take a pair of pliers and pull on the lip of the bushing.

The bushing is a 2 part design so it will come right out.

Once both bushings are removed simply push in the rubber bushings by hand and reinsert the steel sleeve and you are ready to go!!

If you have any further questions just give me a call here at the office and I can go over it with you....
Old 02-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BMR Tech
We had a couple of sets go out with the rubber bushings included in the box instead of installed (an error on our part )

The bushing are however very easy to remove and install.

Just push out the steel inner sleeve and take a pair of pliers and pull on the lip of the bushing.

The bushing is a 2 part design so it will come right out.

Once both bushings are removed simply push in the rubber bushings by hand and reinsert the steel sleeve and you are ready to go!!

If you have any further questions just give me a call here at the office and I can go over it with you....
Thanks for the reply. I was a little upset when i seen that the rubber bushings weren't installed and i had to swap them out myself. But i understand mistakes happen. I really enjoy supporting a sponsor that participates in the forums and supports the community!

I'll get it done. Thanks for the help with the order glitch too!

Quick Reply: Changing bushing on BMR LCA