Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strange front shocks

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Strange front shocks

Ok so i got some strange SA shocks and 300lb springs. How hard are they going to be to put on in my drive way.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:37 PM
11 Second Club

Not hard at all. I just got done putting my strange double adjustable front shocks with 300lb springs in last weekend. Worse thing for me was adjusting the ride height while the shocks were on the car. Reason I was adjusting them while they were on the car is because I adjusted them before they were installed to where I thought the car would be at a good height. I found out I was dead wrong(SLAMMED!)... I reassembled everything so I didn't want to take everything apart just to adjust ride height so I just adjusted them while they were on the car and it took me about 15-30 seconds to get the spanner wrench set on the indention to turn and raise the coils each turn and I turned each one around 20 times all together. Other than that it was simple and easy, just make sure you get some dry lube and spray the shocks really good to help the height adjuster to move up the shock and to push the spring up easier. I will get the test them and my new suspension at the track in Byram this weekend, hopefully with good results.

ls1howto.com is what I followed and they were spot on with the instructions.
http://ls1howto.com/index.php?article=6
See you around and good luck on the install!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mesterious
Not hard at all. I just got done putting my strange double adjustable front shocks with 300lb springs in last weekend. Worse thing for me was adjusting the ride height while the shocks were on the car. Reason I was adjusting them while they were on the car is because I adjusted them before they were installed to where I thought the car would be at a good height. I found out I was dead wrong(SLAMMED!)... I reassembled everything so I didn't want to take everything apart just to adjust ride height so I just adjusted them while they were on the car and it took me about 15-30 seconds to get the spanner wrench set on the indention to turn and raise the coils each turn and I turned each one around 20 times all together. Other than that it was simple and easy, just make sure you get some dry lube and spray the shocks really good to help the height adjuster to move up the shock and to push the spring up easier. I will get the test them and my new suspension at the track in Byram this weekend, hopefully with good results.

ls1howto.com is what I followed and they were spot on with the instructions.
http://ls1howto.com/index.php?article=6
See you around and good luck on the install!

Thanks man. I see your from ms and i want to say ive seen your car before. You wouldnt by any chance be the same guy that was at 49 performance's dyno day and on otr would you?
Old 03-09-2011, 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lethal bird
Thanks man. I see your from ms and i want to say ive seen your car before. You wouldnt by any chance be the same guy that was at 49 performance's dyno day and on otr would you?
Yeah, I was there at the dyno day and I am on OTR.