Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Qa1 shock and spring install

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 05:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Qa1 shock and spring install

Ok guys I'm putting in qa1 r series shocks and 300lb springs on the front of my car. I am wondering how you guys went about adjusting the height of the car. If maybe you set it to a certain position and bolted it on the car and loaded the cars suspension and adjusted with the wheels on the car and the car on the ground. Also what did you set the rebound **** at to start adjusting. Maybe all the way down or up or a certain amount of turns? Just confused on where to start on adjusting the height and rebound once they are on the car.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:13 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Generally I have always adjusted the ride height of the shock with the suspension unloaded and the tire off so I was able to get to the adjustment nut easily. Also having the suspension unloaded make the it easier to adjust the ride height. Depending on what kind of driving you are doing will depend on where you want to set the compression and rebound adjustments. What can driving are you doing with the car?

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

I run these with the 325lb springs with 3 clicks off of the negative mark. Just street driving and it seems to be good to go. For adjustment on ride height, measure your starting point, highest point on the outside of your fender well and start from there. You'll have to remove your wheel every time you make an adjustment, and roll the car back and fourth to let the suspension settle. Count the threads to get the other side close and then measure to get it perfect. Drive it and re-check it a few times. It takes a while to get set just right but there is really no short cuts here.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

Im going to be running it at a street strip type pace with the front sway bar removed. And thanks 02Z28Z06, I will run my shocks at the same adjustment for now maybe a few more clicks towards the positive rebound. And I have a pit in my garage so I can probably sneek up into the wheel well and adjust with an onlooker to watch for fender gap.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

There's no room to swing the wrenches with the wheels on. I tied coming in from underneath as well. The problem being, the wrenches only fit in a few spots on the adjustment rings. I don't know if the LT1 is heavier than the LS1 but if so, yeah, I would go 4 or maybe 5 clicks.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:52 AM
10 Second Club

Ok man thanks alot.

Quick Reply: Qa1 shock and spring install