Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach Pro Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 01:25 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just bought the pro kit for my 2001 m6 camaro. does the rear sit higher than the front im hoping so cause i wana run the weld rt 15s and 28x12.5 et streets rear. id like some rake. the fronts are 26" do i have to turn off the abs when im in race mode then just back on when its got 26" tires all the way arround
Old 06-23-2011, 01:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im running a pro kit on my car now and it looks amazing but handles like pure ****.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:21 AM
BS
Launching!

My car came from the factory with rear appearing to be slightly lower than the front. Since having the 93-97 LT1 Eibach Pro-Kit and SLP Bilsteins installed the car is perfectly level now. The ride is rougher now but handles much better than stock.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex L.
If you don't have anything heavy in the back like subs etc it's safe to remove the rubber rear spring isolators and put the first few coils of the rear springs in a rubber hose. Therefore lowering the ride height a bit.
Originally Posted by BS
My car came from the factory with rear appearing to be slightly lower than the front. Since having the 93-97 LT1 Eibach Pro-Kit and SLP Bilsteins installed the car is perfectly level now. The ride is rougher now but handles much better than stock.
yea i have a sub,

so ur running lt1 springs in ur LS1 car?
Old 06-23-2011, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

My first set of springs was the 98-02 pro kit. They were ok but the rear sagged like usual. My opinion, don't do the job 2x like I had too. Just get with Sam and get the job done properly the first time.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:02 PM
TECH Addict

my eibachs do the job just fine.. granted i added a lot of bmr parts to help the car handle great..
and the stance is fine IMO... i dont see why most of the people bash on eibachs...

i dont see the need to spend a **** ton on a car that usually wont be pushed to that limit on a regular basis..
Old 06-23-2011, 04:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Hey Man, nobody is saying "spend a **** ton". In fact you probably have more in your car than I'd have recommended. Also, my springs aren't freaking gold plated. I mean $249 a set, is that "a **** ton"?

Then of course there is the fact that most folks don't actually turn corners in these cars. I do. I've never seen any of the other vendors around here right now out there doing anything but going in a straight line (and most don't do that).
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 06-23-2011, 04:26 PM
BS
Launching!

Originally Posted by Midnight00SS
yea i have a sub,

Yes, I've got the LT1 Springs. If I'd done my homework, I'd would probably have got the Stranos but I purchased the Eibach based off research I did five years ago. But I'm happy with the Eibach Kit.
Here are links to Sam's site:

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=115&ModelID=8

-Exclusively made to Strano Performance specifications.

-Spring rates and ride heights used to win multiple SCCA National Championships.

-Front spring rate: 550 lbs/in.
-Rear spring rate: 100 lbs/in. take up (non functional while driving), 150 lbs/in. working rate.

-Lightweight @ 26 pounds per set, average 10-14 pounds less per set of 4 than other springs.

-Consistent lowering of ride height, never will you end up 1.75" lower than stock with these springs.

-Made to Strano Performance Parts specs by Vogtland Springs of Germany (these are NOT Vogtland production springs). Produced using special oil tempered spring steels of high tensile strength chrome-silicon (CrSi) and chrome-silicon-vanadium (CrSiV) alloys using the cold coiling process. This provides reduced spring weight with high material strength, and the desired effect of uniformly reducing the unsprung weight of the vehicle.

-Strano Performance Parts springs are coiled on sophisticated CNC controlled Wafios spring coiling machines. After the cold coiling process, all suspension springs are tempered, shotpeened and preset to ensure consistent vehicle ride height and suspension function. Low grade products will loose length with high dynamic impact.

-Eibach Pro-kit Spring set
-1.3" drop
-Readily available
-Good alternative to Strano SP141 springs.

**Can be used on LS1 cars, and are preferred over LS1 Pro-kit springs for all 93-02 V8's, LT1 or LS1.**
Old 06-23-2011, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by meine96ws6
my eibachs do the job just fine.. granted i added a lot of bmr parts to help the car handle great..
and the stance is fine IMO... i dont see why most of the people bash on eibachs...

i dont see the need to spend a **** ton on a car that usually wont be pushed to that limit on a regular basis..
Grants in a different class with my heavier, worse handling GTO, but with the combo (did both at the same time) of the Eibach springs and full poly bushings the goat is now a curve cutter and handles like a dream but being a GTO everything is twice as expensive
Old 06-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i have a sub,

I am running LS1 eibachs (for about 9 years now). The rear was always higher then the front. Even when I did the hose mod. (no sub etc)

If you install eibachs or any performance spring and your car drives/handles like **** you probably did not upgrade the shocks or got the usual kyb crap.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:05 PM
TECH Addict

what i mean by a **** ton would have been doing the springs and a set of shocks like everyone recommends, and i just don't see it as a bad thing since he is getting them for $150...

I just don't see the need to spend
$250-300 on springs
$350-450 for bilsteins shocks
$1500 for "double adjustable koni's...
plus shipping
plus labor if he doesn't do it himself..
then money for the alignment ...

and all this for a car that mainly is street driven.. i'm not knocking anyone's products..

just being realistic....
Old 06-23-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

what i mean by a **** ton would have been doing the springs and a set of shocks like everyone recommends, and i just don't see it as a bad thing since he is getting them for $150...

$250-300 on springs
plus shipping

and all this for a car that mainly is street driven.. i'm not knocking anyone's products..

just being realistic....
Originally Posted by BS
Yes, I've got the LT1 Springs. If I'd done my homework, I'd would probably have got the Stranos but I purchased the Eibach based off research I did five years ago. But I'm happy with the Eibach Kit.
Here are links to Sam's site:

-Exclusively made to Strano Performance specifications.

-Spring rates and ride heights used to win multiple SCCA National Championships.

-Front spring rate: 550 lbs/in.
-Rear spring rate: 100 lbs/in. take up (non functional while driving), 150 lbs/in. working rate.

-Lightweight @ 26 pounds per set, average 10-14 pounds less per set of 4 than other springs.

-Consistent lowering of ride height, never will you end up 1.75" lower than stock with these springs.

-Made to Strano Performance Parts specs by Vogtland Springs of Germany (these are NOT Vogtland production springs). Produced using special oil tempered spring steels of high tensile strength chrome-silicon (CrSi) and chrome-silicon-vanadium (CrSiV) alloys using the cold coiling process. This provides reduced spring weight with high material strength, and the desired effect of uniformly reducing the unsprung weight of the vehicle.

-Strano Performance Parts springs are coiled on sophisticated CNC controlled Wafios spring coiling machines. After the cold coiling process, all suspension springs are tempered, shotpeened and preset to ensure consistent vehicle ride height and suspension function. Low grade products will loose length with high dynamic impact.

-Eibach Pro-kit Spring set
-1.3" drop
-Readily available
-Good alternative to Strano SP141 springs.

**Can be used on LS1 cars, and are preferred over LS1 Pro-kit springs for all 93-02 V8's, LT1 or LS1.**
I agree wit u totally

U still didnt answer why u r running lt1 springs in an ls1 car???
Old 06-24-2011, 04:35 AM
BS
Launching!

...U still didnt answer why u r running lt1 springs in an ls1 car???
Because when I did my research the LT1 Kit had the better spring rate and a lot of people were experiencing sagging rearends with the LS1 Kit.

"**Can be used on LS1 cars, and are preferred over
LS1 Pro-kit springs for all 93-02 V8's, LT1 or LS1.**"
Old 06-24-2011, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BS
Because when I did my research the LT1 Kit had the better spring rate and a lot of people were experiencing sagging rearends with the LS1 Kit.

"**Can be used on LS1 cars, and are preferred over
LS1 Pro-kit springs for all 93-02 V8's, LT1 or LS1.**"
O ok cool, so the LT1 Springs looked better stance wise then the LS1? they didnt sag at all?
Old 06-24-2011, 12:27 PM
BS
Launching!

They haven't sagged yet. I've had them less than a year. They corrected the factory nose high/rearend droop. The car sits level now on a smooth surface. I also installed SLP Bilsteins, UMI LCA Relocation Brackets and a Double Adjustable Panhard Bar with Roto- Joints. I have a set of Strano Sway Bars that I plan on installing in the next week or so.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:54 PM
BS
Launching!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/album.php?albumid=21147

Last edited by BS; 06-24-2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Removed Facebook link and added image. Also added link to my album.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

It does sit nice
Old 06-24-2011, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Why not just spend no money at all and just simply cut the stock springs if looks is all your after?

$250-300 on springs
plus shipping

just being realistic....
Not really sure why you put two different sets of shocks on your list there...
Regardless he is going to need to get an alignment anyway, along with install labor if he doesn't do it himself.
FYI, SLP Bilstiens are just under $400, and Koni SAs are around $800 (they were just over $700 when the sale was going on). Thats per set, so you choose one or the other.
I don't see how spending $400 on a set of shocks that will significantly improve ride quality, handling and feel is unreasonable at all, especially if the car is a DD and you don't want it riding like a dump truck with those stock shocks...
I would not even want to own another one of these cars if I had to stay on stock shocks... Yeah, theres that much of a difference, and Im talking strictly street driving...
Old 06-24-2011, 04:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Yeah, well don't you know you NEED Koni DA's?????? I mean that's why the set I own aren't on my car (and that's not a joke). If you are going to dictate what is smart money to spend meine96ws6 then you would be well served to actually understand that I rarely, RARELY recommend DA's for these cars. But then again, that wouldn't fit the argument well would it? And $250-300 for springs--well, mine are $249/set which is close to $250, but not $300...and cheaper than say Hotchkis, and right about where Eibach's are.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 06-24-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Yeah, well don't you know you NEED Koni DA's?????? I mean that's why the set I own aren't on my car (and that's not a joke). If you are going to dictate what is smart money to spend meine96ws6 then you would be well served to actually understand that I rarely, RARELY recommend DA's for these cars. But then again, that wouldn't fit the argument well would it? And $250-300 for springs--well, mine are $249/set which is close to $250, but not $300...and cheaper than say Hotchkis, and right about where Eibach's are.
I just wish you had a good set of springs for the GTOs out back when I bought mine I have heard nothing but good things about your products.....other than the fact that you focus on F-bodies and not GTOs