Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque Arms

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Torque Arms

Do Torque Arms really help your 60ft time much? Would it be a better first investment over a drag radial? Will it hurt handling around curves? What are your guys opinions on torque arms, are they really worth the money when it comes to traction and launching or are there better things to do to help me to launch hard without spinning?
Old 03-03-2004, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My opinion would be to spend the money elsewhere right now. Yeah, the stock one is kinda flexable, it's heavy, and it's ugly. But there are guys that have run in the 10's with their stockers. I'd say to hold off, the stock one can't flex all that much. Maybe the stock rubber mount could flex, that would be cheap enough to replace with a poly one
As far as handling, I dunno.

Tony
Old 03-03-2004, 05:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have problems with wheel hop, the torque arm is definitely worth it... I'd say get the drag radials first, then get some LCAs and relocation brackets. If you still have some wheel hop, then go with the torque arm.

Here's a pic of my Edelbrock torque arm next to the stocker... big difference if you ask me:

Old 03-03-2004, 05:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Question question?

Can you run the Edelbrock T/Arm if your car is lowered with an eibach pro kit and lca reloc brackets? I'm going to need the hook with this TCI 3500 but don't want to get a torque arm that won't work???
Old 03-03-2004, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well i've just heard that aftermarket torque arms really decrease spinning and are much more permanent than drag radials. So i figured $350 for a torque arm would be a better investment than several sets of drag radials for right now.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am pretty sure if you install a troque arm on a lowered car you want adustable, for setting the pinion angle