Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Alignment with Adjustable A-Arms?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 01:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment with Adjustable A-Arms?

just picked up a set of adjustable a arms and i was curious as you're supposed to adjust them before installing so that they wont screw up the alignment. it looks like you cant adjust them on car without taking everything apart again. i've done some searching and everyone seems to agree on just visually comparing the new arms to the old ones and adjust as necessary. anybody have experience with this? i was thinking about measuring the lengths between the bolt sleeve for the bushing and a certain point on the arm and adjust it that way.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Determine if you want your alignment settings about the same as they are now or different in some way. Next step is to see where the attaching bolts are in the adjusting slots. You can then adjust your new arms accordingly. So, if you want the same camber you have now, but the adjustment is maxed out in the negative direction, you may want to set the arm a little longer in order to move the camber bolt more towards the middle of the slot to give you some adjustment room in the future. Hope that makes sense.

Also, check this thread out: https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ower-arms.html

Mark.

Quick Reply: Alignment with Adjustable A-Arms?