42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

poll: what sfc's to get

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default poll: what sfc's to get

i was wanting to know which ones fit the best and work the best, i dont want to have to cut and rig them up to fit.. just wondering which ones

KBDD

BMR

Slp

Other
Old 03-04-2004, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got the bmr boxed ones...they went in pretty easy...fit nice, good price and i do feal an improvment in chassis flex!
Old 03-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

KB's are awesome!! I had to install mine and then take them to the shop to get welded on. I was really worried about them coming down and dragging on the ground but after I got them up and got the zip ties ready to temporarily stowe them, it wasnt needed. I did it any way and figured Id hear some sort of bumping or something. SILENT before getting welded in!! The shop that did the welding for me also welded where the rear LCA bolts. The KBs on my car feel better than the SLP's on a friends car. The DD design seems to allow less body flex. There are 6 attaching points on the KBs opposed to others 2. Plus they just look kewl!!!
Old 03-05-2004, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

I checked the "other" box....I went with Hotchkis.....they tuck SO nice and they couldnt look better right outta the box....
Old 03-05-2004, 10:12 AM
Staging Lane

ok, when you guys have your sfc's welded in, is it ok for the car to be loaded on all four tires, as long as it is equal pressure on each, like on a drive-on lift??
Old 03-05-2004, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i bought a set of tubulars off of ebay for $75 and they look exactly like the BMR's. why pay for the name
Old 03-05-2004, 11:59 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by HydroDesign
ok, when you guys have your sfc's welded in, is it ok for the car to be loaded on all four tires, as long as it is equal pressure on each, like on a drive-on lift??
Yes, it's better to have your car loaded on the suspension. This ensures that when you weld in the SFC, it will have the same load on it as it would on the ground. Lifting a car up on a 4 post lift, tends to stretch/tweak out the car quite a bit.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:00 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

I voted for other BTW, LGM SFCs with his v braces + drvieshaft loop are the way to go IMO

Rob
Old 03-05-2004, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by All4attitudeSS
KB's are awesome!! I had to install mine and then take them to the shop to get welded on. I was really worried about them coming down and dragging on the ground but after I got them up and got the zip ties ready to temporarily stowe them, it wasnt needed. I did it any way and figured Id hear some sort of bumping or something. SILENT before getting welded in!! The shop that did the welding for me also welded where the rear LCA bolts. The KBs on my car feel better than the SLP's on a friends car. The DD design seems to allow less body flex. There are 6 attaching points on the KBs opposed to others 2. Plus they just look kewl!!!

Will there be clearance issues when using Long Tube Headers? I'm want to get the most effective SFCs, but am afraid that the FLP package I'm getting won't clear. Also I heard some Torque arms need to attach to the SFCs, I'm still a newbie, but do the Double Diamonds odd shape allow for this?
Old 03-05-2004, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes, i am wondering that also, i have hooker lt's with a y pipe and may get a T/A in the future and was wondering which ones will fit with that setup.. and i am going to get a cage soon and may just get bolt in ones and sell them when i get my cage!! thanks... are the KB weld in only?? and could the cage make up for the sfc's?? thanks
Old 03-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 98sspullin'em
yes, i am wondering that also, i have hooker lt's with a y pipe and may get a T/A in the future and was wondering which ones will fit with that setup.. and i am going to get a cage soon and may just get bolt in ones and sell them when i get my cage!! thanks... are the KB weld in only?? and could the cage make up for the sfc's?? thanks

Guys, Ive got pics!! Send me your e-mail addy and Ill send em 2 you. I dont have headers as of yet however what Im looking at is the Spintech mufflers and high flow cats with an X. The only thing I have left to decide on is to use bullet mufflers (I would like it quiet) as well and to go 2.5" or 3". My hp goal is only 425 so I think Ill be safe w/2.5".
Old 03-05-2004, 01:23 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info, Rob.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by All4attitudeSS
Guys, Ive got pics!! Send me your e-mail addy and Ill send em 2 you. I dont have headers as of yet however what Im looking at is the Spintech mufflers and high flow cats with an X. The only thing I have left to decide on is to use bullet mufflers (I would like it quiet) as well and to go 2.5" or 3". My hp goal is only 425 so I think Ill be safe w/2.5".

you might want to go 3" with the bullets and long tubes to get 425, and it would be eaiser to get that also if you have a M6... i think i only got 365 with a tr230 and a yank 3500... with my exhaust... but the 3" will let it flow a lot better...
Old 03-05-2004, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

I went with tubular Rolfe SBC's.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 98sspullin'em
you might want to go 3" with the bullets and long tubes to get 425, and it would be eaiser to get that also if you have a M6... i think i only got 365 with a tr230 and a yank 3500... with my exhaust... but the 3" will let it flow a lot better...

Got the big A4 man. So what youre saying is go with the Spintechs and the bullets in tandem? Which ones in line first though? Volume to me is a concern since I like to drive long distances.

Did you have any head work or intake mods done? Whats the specs on the tr230? Did you get any reprogramming done? Your converter, one that you can drive around a lot on-is it a tight or loose one? What kind of times are you running? Have any gears? SFCs? LCAs?
Old 03-05-2004, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just have hooker lt's y-pipe, and a 12" bullet muffler and a turn down connected to it.. it is load though... i have patriot stage 2 5.3's and just a stock intake for now, i think the specs are 230 224 not sure about the lift and i think 110.7 or something..i do have MTI tuning but just check out the posts about it that i have wrote.. it is loose because i have 3.23's but it will be ok if you drive on the highway, i have the pt4400 now.. no suspension yet, im tryin to make up my mind between getting sfc's then waiting a little longer to get my cage or just getting the cage and that will be enough for chasis flex!
Old 03-05-2004, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

Ive really been concidering 3:73s. Kinda out on a converter. If anything Im thinking a small one, like around 2500. Ive got the KB sfc's. Go with them, theyre great. Sounds like youre looking to go all out on your project man. Me, Im just Z06 hunting. The occasional f*ckstain is cool to waste too ya know.
What made you go with the 5.3s instead of ls6's? What kind of flow #s are you at and did you match your cam to your heads? Im new to these LS motors. I know Mk IV, Gen V big blocks, and first gen small blocks but all this sensor stuff and cathedral heads and all this is a learning process. All I have done to mine right now is SLP lid, free ram air mod, ported throttle body and MAF ends, MSD wires and tr55s along with the pcv mod, flowmaster 80 series, and flat pipe replace with round. As for the suspension I have KB sub frames, SLP strut twr brace, KB rear lca's. Im running 289 rwhp but for some strange reason Ive got 349 rwtq. Think its the ported MAF.
How do you like those hookers?