Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need help choosing PHB

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 03:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help choosing PHB

i decided to go with spohn poly/rod LCA's. im not sure which panhard bar would be best...poly/poly, poly/rod, or rod/rod. i dont plan on lowering the car at all, however i may go with wider tires in the future. If i go with poly/poly should i get the adjustable or not. also, is chrome-moly worth $30 extra. the car is usually for street driving. ill drag it sometimes since i have the g-tech pro comp meter and maybe go to a track once or twice a year. thanks for the help

Brian
Old 03-06-2004, 11:18 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't speak for the end combinations, but IMO, the chrome moly is not worth the $30 extra. Their website says their standard PHB is 1.25" OD x .095" wall mild steel tubing. Upgrading to chome moly still uses the same size tubing, which means that they both weigh the same (thus eliminating a common benefit of using chome moly tubing). You won't come close to breaking the mild steel tubing, so the extra strength of chome moly never comes into play.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replacing your PHR is usually only a requirement if you are having fitment problems with wide tires or if you are lowering. If you put on an aftermarket bar, you might as well put one that has some adjustment so in the event some adjustment is needed, you don't need yet another bar. Generally most adjustable bars have at least one rod-end...screwing the rod end in and out gives the adjustment.

Personally I'd recommend the G2 products...either the poly/rod or the rod/rod would be great.

Originally Posted by CrazytrainWS6
i decided to go with spohn poly/rod LCA's. im not sure which panhard bar would be best...poly/poly, poly/rod, or rod/rod. i dont plan on lowering the car at all, however i may go with wider tires in the future. If i go with poly/poly should i get the adjustable or not. also, is chrome-moly worth $30 extra. the car is usually for street driving. ill drag it sometimes since i have the g-tech pro comp meter and maybe go to a track once or twice a year. thanks for the help

Brian