Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Pan bar?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pan bar?

About 2 months ago i was driving down the road and went to pass a car. I punched it and when it downshifted i heard a big pop and my car swayed really really bad. Turns out i snapped the pan bar. Well its my daily driver, so didnt have time to get another one, so i ended up just welding it together.
Is this a part i should spend money on? Ill be throwing a head cam on it in about a year or so and i was just wondering if i should throw out so dough on a really nice one or will a some what cheap one do the job?
Old 09-25-2011, 10:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just get an adjustable one for ~100 bucks and call it a day
Old 09-25-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would atleast buy a new one from one of the sponsors here and get rid of the stock welded up one.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:25 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I wouldn't ride around like that because it's only a matter of time before the weld fails. The panhard rod sees a lot of side load and movement with the rearend. The factory design flexes and twists a lot and the weld won't be able to do this. So the weld is going to exhibit more of the load than before when it was displaced through the whole bar. You have a few options from us that I suggest to street guys that are very affordable. Both of these are offered in chrome moly for a little more dough, but the DOM steel is great if you're not looking to save every last pound.

If you don't think you're going to lower your car in the future, this is a terrific replacement for you stock panhard. Considerably stronger and better looking - IMO - than the factory, stamped panhard.
Non Adjustable Poly/Poly Panhard Bar

If you do think you're going to lower your car, you'll want an adjustable panhard rod which will allow you to correct the lengh of the panhard rod. This is our on-car adjustable panhard with poly bushings.
On-Car Adjustable Poly/Poly Panhard Rod

If you have any questions, PM me or give me a call at the shop. 813-986-9302.

Good luck.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: Pan bar?