Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Back to stock help

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Back to stock help

I have a 2002 Z28 I bought it with some eibach lowering kit and it hits the rear bump stops all the time and rides like complete ****.
My plan
Some bilstein shocks
I was looking at moog for front and rear springs Are they any good comparable to stock, my idea is stock springs and a good set of shocks something with a good to decent ride but can handle the road/strip once in a great while now what's your guys advice.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never used or installed the Moog springs, but you can get OEM springs from any salvage yard. Bilstein shocks and stock springs make for a great street/ hpde car. If you can't find any springs local to you salvage yards sell on E-bay.

Remember to repair what is worn out first. I have seen more cars with $$1k+ in aftermarket suspension parts on them and the bushings, ball joints, etc.. are toast. Don't go ***** deep and start buying all the **** that is pushed on these boards without doing the basics first.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Carter Hays
Never used or installed the Moog springs, but you can get OEM springs from any salvage yard. Bilstein shocks and stock springs make for a great street/ hpde car. If you can't find any springs local to you salvage yards sell on E-bay.

Remember to repair what is worn out first. I have seen more cars with $1k+ in aftermarket suspension parts on them and the bushings, ball joints, etc.. are toast. Don't go ***** deep and start buying all the **** that is pushed on these boards without doing the basics first.
Good advice!

To the OP, keep in mind that there are two different sets of Eibach springs, the "ProKit", and the "Sportlines". The sportlines drop the car in the weeds, at the expense of suspension travel and ride quality. If you have these, I don't blame you for wanting to toss them.

However, I wouldn't go to the extreme of "stock" springs. The Strano springs are a very good compromise between the stock height, and the lowered height of the Eibachs, and with a good shock, will give you an acceptable ride...