Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Setting ride height on strange SA front struts

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 08:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Setting ride height on strange SA front struts

I'm in the middle of installing some Strange Single Adjustable front struts with 300lb Hypercoil springs, and I'm curious how far up I should run the spring seat to lower the car about 1.3-1.5" from stock. This is where I am now, even with the bearing kit they're beginning to be real bears to turn. Counting the threads I'm about 37 threads up from the bottom. I'm using the supplied Strange upper mount to retain the spring with the stock mount on top of that. Figured I'd ask before I start the other side tomorrow.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:38 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like to use some anti seize on the threads to help turning the adjuster a tad easier. I try to let everyone know that when they get a set from us. It seems to help a ton with setting ride height once they get some pressure on them.

As far as ride height goes there is no set adjustment place anyone can give you. What you do is take a measurement before you do the swap and then a bunch of trial and error after the install to get the desired ride height. AKA a bunch of jack time, which is a PITB but is the only way to get what you need.

Use the fender well lip as a reference point and make sure you are on level ground. As far as a check point to make sure each side is the same before you sit it down is count threads like you have done or use a tape measure and grab a quick measurement and then sit it back down to see what you came up with.

Quick Reply: Setting ride height on strange SA front struts