Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Subframe connectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool Subframe connectors

I'm in the process of ordering a few suspension parts for my 98 ta however, I have a question about the subframe connectors. My car is a dd and will not see the track often. I have read the Sticky: So You Wanna Be Fast... for newbies and the guy stated that sfc are one of the first five mods you should do. At what point or hp range would I need to add the subframe connector?
Old 10-28-2011, 10:42 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't look at SFC as a HP rating item and more so as an item to keep the car from twisting period. What you want to look into is SFC that actually do what they are called and tie the two sub frame halfs together. Our SFC actually connect those two together were others don't tie the frame together what so ever.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:36 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

There really is no horsepower level because, honestly, a stock V6 car could benefit from subframe connectors. The third and fourth gens have a subframe-style chassis that isn't very rigid. All those squeaks and rattles from the T-tops and rear hatch are usually as a result of the chassis flexing. Also, T-tops make the car just that much more of a candidate for flexing. Installing them immediately on the car can help prevent future issues such as warped rear fenders. Then, when you add power to your car, it will try to twist the body. Subframes will help distribute the forces more evenly across the car.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 10-28-2011, 01:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll chime in here as well. Indeed SFC's are one of the historically first and best mods available for your car. They help in all situations, high horsepower or not. They even help factory suspension work better.

Good luck with your project.

ramey
Old 10-28-2011, 01:56 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 10-28-2011, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha, nuts,

maybeeee, i need them also?? hmmmmmm i have tossed the idea up and down and i'm sooooo sitting on the fence on that one, maybe i'll just pull the trigger on that one. . .

Quick Reply: Subframe connectors