Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Best Grease?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Question Best Grease?

I'm going to be replacing my shocks soon and while I'm in there i want to re-grease my poly Bushings, the Red ones. I know I can buy more of the grease that came with my kit from Summit, but what is the Best grease to use on these bushings?
Old 01-20-2012, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was always told white lithium grease is good to use. I put that stuff in my roto joints and it keeps them quiet.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:04 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by metalmilitia606
I was always told white lithium grease is good to use. I put that stuff in my roto joints and it keeps them quiet.
Don't use a Lithium based grease on poly-urethane bushings, it will make them soft and lead to deterioration of the bushing. We recommend a grease called Super Lube which we sell and can also be found at your local hardware store sometimes. It is a thick, clear, and very sticky grease that doesn't break down as fast as some of the other greases out there. If you can't find that stuff Mobil 1 synthetic is also pretty good to use.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 01-20-2012, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Don't use a Lithium based grease on poly-urethane bushings, it will make them soft and lead to deterioration of the bushing. We recommend a grease called Super Lube which we sell and can also be found at your local hardware store sometimes. It is a thick, clear, and very sticky grease that doesn't break down as fast as some of the other greases out there. If you can't find that stuff Mobil 1 synthetic is also pretty good to use.
Thanx for the reply, i will look for it.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:37 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

No problem. You'll be able to find the Mobil 1 pink goodness at most major auto parts stores, but the Super Lube will be a little harder to find but tends to hold up a little longer.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: Best Grease?