Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Full Polyurethane Bushing Kit??

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lees02WS6
Are you looking for a firm ride with good handling, a comfortable ride with ok handling, or something else? I see bilstein shocks, BMR springs, and aftermarket LCA's. What bushings do the LCA's have in them? What are the sizes and type of tires you're running?
I am looking for a firm ride, with good handling since I am planning on putting a D1sc next year. They are UMI LCA's so I am pretty sure they are poly which may be this noise I am hearing. I do grease them quite a lot though.

The rear tires are 17 inch 285's Nitto555r in the rear. BFGoodrich 275's up front
Old 03-07-2012, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke
I am looking for a firm ride, with good handling since I am planning on putting a D1sc next year. They are UMI LCA's so I am pretty sure they are poly which may be this noise I am hearing. I do grease them quite a lot though.

The rear tires are 17 inch 285's Nitto555r in the rear. BFGoodrich 275's up front
Ditch the poly/poly LCA's they're not helping you at all. If this is a street car just put the stock rubber bushed arms back on. If you must have aftermarket lca's you can get UMI's roto/roto, or poly/roto arms.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ditch the poly/poly LCA's they're not helping you at all. If this is a street car just put the stock rubber bushed arms back on. If you must have aftermarket lca's you can get UMI's roto/roto, or poly/roto arms.
See thats the thing with that, the stock bushings went bad on the stock lca's so I just bought new ones. damn, so I should have got the adjustable lca's with no poly?

I had no idea poly was such an issue with our stock suspension setup. I am glad the lca's are the only poly on the car at least. Where is a good place to buy new rubber bushings for other suspension part?
Old 03-07-2012, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke
See thats the thing with that, the stock bushings went bad on the stock lca's so I just bought new ones. damn, so I should have got the adjustable lca's with no poly?

I had no idea poly was such an issue with our stock suspension setup. I am glad the lca's are the only poly on the car at least. Where is a good place to buy new rubber bushings for other suspension part?
http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...D=18&ModelID=7
Old 03-07-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys I appreciate all the info.

I'm kinda pissed about not getting roto lca's. I just bought the poly ended lca's recently too. Looks like I might as well buy some relo brackets now.

Anyone need or know anyone that may need any poly lca's for cheap? lol
Old 03-07-2012, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

Does any one know where to get the 1le bushings from since were on subject?
Old 03-20-2012, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 96RamAirTA
Does any one know where to get the 1le bushings from since were on subject?
These? http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7
Old 06-01-2012, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

I just bought the kit and didn't search on LS1tech before hand.

What should I use out of the kit?

I was planning on torque arm mount, sway bar bushings, and end links. Is there anything else I could use?

Now that I read about "bind" and all that other bad stuff, I'm perfectly happy not using some of the components from the kit.

My stock rubber isn't bad, but some parts of the car feel pretty loose. I'm getting Bilsteins next week.

My car has a bone stock suspension with the DeCarbon shocks.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

So I also bought LCA's and a panhard rod from UMI with the poly bushings. Is there any way to swap them to rubber bushings and keep the LCA's and rod? It looks like the poly is formed around the mount and I don't see any way of getting them out
Old 06-01-2012, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by 85CamaroZ28
So I also bought LCA's and a panhard rod from UMI with the poly bushings. Is there any way to swap them to rubber bushings and keep the LCA's and rod? It looks like the poly is formed around the mount and I don't see any way of getting them out
What part numbers, or do you have pics?
Old 06-01-2012, 02:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

What part numbers, or do you have pics?
Non-adjustable ones. They're all red.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=140
Old 06-03-2012, 01:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 85CamaroZ28
You'll be alright with the poly in the panhard rod, unless you want to get rid of some noise?

As far as changing the bushings on the LCA's, I am not 100% sure. A quick call to UMI would clear up any questions you have in no time. Customer service is great.

If it isn't possible to change the bushings, just post them in the classifieds section. I would imagine they will sell fairly quickly at a fair price. I would do this anyways, and just purchase yourself a set of LCA's with roto joints.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:33 AM
Teching In

I've owned three 4th gens over the last 15 years or so. The first one was a daily driver, I did a few basic engine bolt ons and gearing but kept the suspension the same.

The second one was just a flogger. I was at a point in my life where I didn't mind working on the top of the engine but anything underneath or suspension related, other than brakes, I'd take to a nice shop I found. I had the shop install poly bushings all around including engine mounts, it cost about $1000 which included the bushing kit (if I buy their marked up parts then I get a one year warranty on their work). I was debating doing this because I read about some people's bad experiences, but since it was just a flogger, I decided to try it out. I had already received a remarkable handling increase from some expensive shocks/struts, tires, and coils.

The shop did a great job of installing them. As I expected, the suspension was about as forgiving as a brick, but I did notice an increase in cornering capability. I was happy. Maybe I didn't put enough miles on them or who knows, but I never had any binding problems or broken suspension parts.

HOWEVER due to the extra vibration from the stiffness, other things on the car that were not in the best shape started to cause problems. Electrical wiring that was next to metal or sharp plastic rubbed up against it harder, cutting and baring wires. This only happened twice but electrical problems can be absolutely horrible to track down. Some of the clips holding interior panels in place broke and I had trim fall down while driving around. Minor annoyances if it's not an every day drivet.

Now im on my third one, and I'm not going to go with poly bushings this time around. It's still a flogger but I'm going to try something different, even if it costs more.

Life lessons: if it's a daily driver and you don't have the money to fix it whenever it breaks, maybe just use OEM bushings and go about improving your suspension in other ways. If it's just a fun flogger and you can throw money/time at it or let it sit for a while if it breaks, plus you don't mind riding on a brick-solid suspension (I actually liked the feeling) then yeah sure go with the poly bushings, grease them well or have a good shop install them.

Quick Reply: Full Polyurethane Bushing Kit??