Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

S60 diff hitting panhard brace...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default S60 diff hitting panhard brace...

I lowered the car back a few months ago with BMR springs and the heater hose mod to the springs and didn't hear any abnormal noises, even when going over bumps or the occasional pothole, but today as I was leaving work I heard a ver loud bang coming from the rear when I was slowly creeping over a speed bump. Got the car home and first thoughts were the torque arm mount came lose again, so I gave everything a good once over, panhard rod, LCAs, shocks mounts top and bottom, and everything seems nice and tight, then I noticed there is a little wear on the top of the "S" on the diff cover of my Strange S60. So, do I just need to "clearance" the brace then?
Old 04-14-2012, 09:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is why Strange no longer offers the aluminum cover with the S60, some people have had clearance issues like You did. Your best fix would be to install a stamped steel cover in place of the aluminum one.

Carl
Old 04-14-2012, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, I have plenty of clearance with my aluminum cover. Is the axle centered up or adjusted forward a bit?
Old 04-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blu99T/A
Wow, I have plenty of clearance with my aluminum cover. Is the axle centered up or adjusted forward a bit?
I have non-adjustable LCAs with the stock torque arm, and I'm afraid something caused the rear end to shift backwards, but I don't know what that could be. If I had clearance problems I would have thought they'd have reared their head when I initially lowered the car, and not some odd months afterwards. Is it possible the fatory panhard bar bracket/brace on the body got twisted? Everything underneath the car seems tight. No loose play in any of the components. I'm baffled to be honest.

Last edited by Super Slow Z; 04-14-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Quick Reply: S60 diff hitting panhard brace...