Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Line Lock Switch in Ashtray

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line Lock Switch in Ashtray

I mounted my line lock switch in my ashtray. Where should I connect the ground wire?

Thanks
Old 03-27-2004, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not to the ABS controller.

On the M6's i just connnect the grounds to teh shift boot ring. im sure the A4's have some kind of ground in teh console.

if you can't find a good one there, the side of the console has 2 10mm bolts, you can connect to there.

Ryan
Old 03-27-2004, 05:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you take some pics of the setup, specifically on how you drilled/installed the switch into the ashtray? I'd like to install mine there...
Old 03-31-2004, 08:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Do you need a line lock for each side with ABS setup? I'm fixing to do one, and was currious.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You only need one solenoid for a line lock. Components can be easily mounted in the ashtray by drilling a hole with the size needed for the switch...just be certain the switch is small enough so that it fits:-). A ground wire should be easily found in the console...verify with a multimeter if your uncertain...any part of the chasis is ground also...just be certain to clean off the painted surface before attaching a wire.

We add a safety circuit on all our kits which include a master arm switch and LED so you know the circuit is active thus not accidently arming the solenoid and causing an accident or burning out the solenoid from leaving it on more greater then 60 seconds.

Attached is one way one of our customers put our kit on their center console...there are various ways of doing it. Our complete "best buy" kit with pre-formed lines and electrical needs is 114.99 SHIPPED.

Hope this helps some.

Steve
Old 03-31-2004, 09:16 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

file doesn't seem to want to attach after this mornings software upgrade..i'll try again.

***edit** if anyone can see the attachment let me know as I don't see it, although when i'm trying to edit this post to be certain the file is attached, it most certainly is.

Steve
Old 03-31-2004, 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

BAHAAA, i have figured it out!!! to see the new attachments AFTER the forum you need to be in the NEW(plasma) board setting!!!!!

Quick Reply: Line Lock Switch in Ashtray