Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque arm or TA with relocation bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Torque arm or TA with relocation bracket?

Going to have my trans redone so Im upgrading a few things. Car probably wont see the track more than once a year. Is there any real difference between just replacing the torque arm - adjustable - and having it done with a relocation bracket? Need to know...
Old 05-24-2012, 01:24 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwright41
Going to have my trans redone so Im upgrading a few things. Car probably wont see the track more than once a year. Is there any real difference between just replacing the torque arm - adjustable - and having it done with a relocation bracket? Need to know...
The main benefit to using the torque arm along with the relocation crossmember is to get the torque arm off the tail shaft housing of the transmission. We have seen many people break the tail shaft housing with the torque arm installed on the transmission which tends to be a big head ache and makes the car undriveable until it is fixed. Any time you can get the torque arm off the transmission it is a good idea.

Here are a couple pictures of broken tail shaft housings that have broken from our customers.
Attached Thumbnails Torque arm or TA with relocation bracket?-broken-tailhousing.jpg   Torque arm or TA with relocation bracket?-dsc00897.jpg   Torque arm or TA with relocation bracket?-dsc01681.jpg   Torque arm or TA with relocation bracket?-dsc00896.jpg  

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 05-24-2012, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im no expert by any means on this but im sure if im wrong someone on here will correct me by getting a relocate TQ arm it takes the stress off the tail shaft of the transmission which will save it from cracking under hard launches trust me i know personally and its not fun spending 300 bucks on a t56 tailshaft when i could of just bought the tq arm with relocation bracket for 70 bucks more..now as far as adjustable goes i saw a huge difference on the track and off once i adjusted it right it also took away my wheel hop issue that i was having..

thats just my personal opinion
Old 05-24-2012, 03:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea those look pretty bad!! Will be ordering them then. Sent you a PM on them Kyle.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:32 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwright41
Yea those look pretty bad!! Will be ordering them then. Sent you a PM on them Kyle.
I shot you a PM back!

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: Torque arm or TA with relocation bracket?