Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Clearance question

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 05:12 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Clearance question

wasnt sure where to post this since I couldnt find an forum on it but I am putting on some l/t headers and a mufflex 3inch y with dual cutouts...I plan on also lowering with a kit from thunder racing comes with relocation brackets springs and some other stuff but am concerned about clearance will I have a problem and if so what other set up would work..I am trying to close the wheel well gap and improve the look and stance without givivng up too much of the ride thanks for your feed back...
Old 03-31-2004, 07:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about other LT headers but with the SLP LT's you need to use there y-pipe, before you buy the muffex y make sure it will work with what ever headers you go with first. As for ground clearence in all likely hood you will have some clearence problems going overspeed bumps, steep driveways, etc......

Al
Old 03-31-2004, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

I am not lowered at all, but I still scrape my aftermarket y-pipe on speed bumps, steep inclines, and quick dips in the road... I will not lower this car now that I have that y-pipe, it would hit everything.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53
Not sure about other LT headers but with the SLP LT's you need to use there y-pipe, before you buy the muffex y make sure it will work with what ever headers you go with first. As for ground clearence in all likely hood you will have some clearence problems going overspeed bumps, steep driveways, etc......

Al
i have cutout, which probably sits 3 inches off of the ground. i only scrape when a passenger is in the car and we go over a speed bump. my car is lowered ~1.5".
Old 03-31-2004, 09:43 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am told the the mufflex y will work with pacesetter l/t I guess Ill have to wait untill its all on with the dula cutouts to see what kind of cleance I have I also have a sttep drive with angle into garage but i will be selling that house in the very near future so...I guess Ill have to wait until its all in to decide..thanks for the input guys!