Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Tokico shocks

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012 | 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

Default Tokico shocks

I always see everyone talking about bilsteins and koni but i never hear anything about tokico shocks. Are they junk for Fbodys ???

I had a set of Tokico 5 way adjustable shocks on the mustang i had and they were pretty decent ..

Discuss
Old 07-14-2012 | 12:34 AM
TECH Addict

If it's a DD any good shock is good. But here the groupies say anyone who doesn't buy Bilstien or $1000 Koni is just stuoid. LMAO.

here we go again. I Love my Monroe shocks and they are Made in America.
Old 07-14-2012 | 03:13 AM
Staging Lane

I have been thinking about buying a set .. even did a search and didnt find anything ..

but the impression that seems 100% universal is Orange shocks are dog doo ...
Old 07-14-2012 | 09:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cheezebandit
I always see everyone talking about bilsteins and koni but i never hear anything about tokico shocks. Are they junk for Fbodys ???

I had a set of Tokico 5 way adjustable shocks on the mustang i had and they were pretty decent ..

Discuss
They are decent, many rank then right under bilstiens, but for the cost you might as well go with the better bilstiens IMO.

Originally Posted by LS1121
If it's a DD any good shock is good. But here the groupies say anyone who doesn't buy Bilstien or $1000 Koni is just stuoid. LMAO.
here we go again. I Love my Monroe shocks and they are Made in America.
Depend on the level of comfort and handling someone is going for.
For example if you want the car to ride well (not be overly loose, bounce around, and feel sloppy) you don't go with monroe sensitracs
If you have only been on stock, and other low end shitty shock then you wouldn't know the difference a high end shock makes. Keep drinking buddy, you gotta keep that buzz going

I have been thinking about buying a set .. even did a search and didnt find anything ..
but the impression that seems 100% universal is Orange shocks are dog doo ...
Just as I said above, if you haven't been on anything else you might think the stock decarbons (or shitty autozone replacements) are alright. Then you get on some decent shocks and quickly see the difference. (a night and day difference)
Old 07-14-2012 | 10:21 AM
Pontiacerator
20 Year Member

They're very close in price to Bilsteins and for the price the Bilsteins are a better valved and better built shock.

That being said, I've used the rears on my sons' V6 cars when they were available for $46 each (with used Bilsteins and new take-off Z28 DeCarbons up front, respectively) for budget set-ups. Now that they go for $68 each, there's just no reason not to use Bilsteins.
Old 07-14-2012 | 11:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Discuss
I think they only make tokico blues. Non adjustable. I believe they fall in the similar category with most of the shocks being no better than a stock replacement.
Old 07-15-2012 | 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
They are decent, many rank then right under bilstiens, but for the cost you might as well go with the better bilstiens IMO.

Depend on the level of comfort and handling someone is going for.
For example if you want the car to ride well (not be overly loose, bounce around, and feel sloppy) you don't go with monroe sensitracs
If you have only been on stock, and other low end shitty shock then you wouldn't know the difference a high end shock makes. Keep drinking buddy, you gotta keep that buzz going

Just as I said above, if you haven't been on anything else you might think the stock decarbons (or shitty autozone replacements) are alright. Then you get on some decent shocks and quickly see the difference. (a night and day difference)
that's what i wanted to know ..
I just wanted to know how they compared to the more popular stuff ..

I am in dire need of some new shocks .. the car is at 80K now and the stockers were crap 15K+ ago ..
Old 07-15-2012 | 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Almost anything is better than the stock decrapons Oh, and you think that 80k mile decrapons are bad? Try 120k mile ones like I had. Yeah, that was really bad
Old 07-16-2012 | 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just put konis an strano lowering springs on my buddies 99 z28, Man it made a difference on it but for the money of the konis i figured it would have been like riding on a cloud or should have been anyways.

Quick Reply: Tokico shocks