Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

blistein install

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default blistein install

im about to buy/install some blistein struts along with vogtland springs, non adj. panhard bar, non adj. LCA, and relocation mounts, sway bars.

im wondering do i need anything else for the install other then what came with the new parts? car has 130Kmiles on it.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ldyzluvdis06
im about to buy/install some blistein struts along with vogtland springs, non adj. panhard bar, non adj. LCA, and relocation mounts, sway bars.

im wondering do i need anything else for the install other then what came with the new parts? car has 130Kmiles on it.
i would not suggest a non adjustable panhard bar especially since you are lowering your vehicle. i have a stock height T/A and it was over 3/4" off. you really need to spend the extra cash for an adjustable one. check out founders, they have one for less then $70.

i would get some new front strut mounts. these tend to be bad, especially if your current shock mount is rusted to the strut mount. you will have to cut your shocks off to remove them.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by trans_am7935
i would not suggest a non adjustable panhard bar especially since you are lowering your vehicle. i have a stock height T/A and it was over 3/4" off. you really need to spend the extra cash for an adjustable one. check out founders, they have one for less then $70.

i would get some new front strut mounts. these tend to be bad, especially if your current shock mount is rusted to the strut mount. you will have to cut your shocks off to remove them.
thanks for the fast response man!

how do you go about measuring how far off the rear is? i already have the bar, but im not necessarily against selling it.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

which PHB is recommended? they have 4 different adjustable ones, are are the benefits/negatives between the few?
Old 09-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a BMR adjustable pan hard bar and the way I got the rear centered was hang a string with a few washers over the rear fender at the center of the rear axle and measure each side at the axle and adjust to center. Can't tell you if this is the right or wrong way but it seems to have worked for me.

Suspension should be under load as well from what I have read.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:39 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I would suggest upper shock mounts and installing an adjustable panhard bar. As stated above, the non-adjustable won't be getting the job done since you're lowering the car. You'll want to shorten it to bring the rearend back to center.

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: blistein install