Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

One major problem with Strano

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default One major problem with Strano

His wonderful products made my tires bald! How, you ask? Well I'll shall feed you baby birds.

Clearly I am being sarcastic,first of all. Sam Strano really did his homework and only sells top quality products. For the record a year and a half ago I bought his springs with the Bilstein shocks and sway bars (Strano)(for a 98 Z28). The products allowed me to drive the car harder and faster through the twisties, so in short I wore out my tires faster. But this is such a small price to pay when my car actually drives/rides like it should have from GM. Although the stiffer springs do sacfice comfort for handling, but I'll take it anyday.

I waited to post any comments, because I wanted to do a long term test.

OFF TOPIC:
Recently I bought the new Cooper RS3-A's and now I'm not afraid to push the car through turns. Although I feel the car does sway a bit more, probably due to the taller tread than the previous Kumho ASX, or that I got used to no tread, I mean wearing away at the wear bars. The straight line and wet traction are FAR superior!
Upgrading the braking was also a smart move on my part. The new pads/rotors work in conjuntion with the suspension(prevent nose dive).
(Ebay brake company, I won't be a jerk about brand)

Though the tires, rotors, and pads weren't purchased through Sam, his attention to detail in his suspension set-up are second to none.
So anyone who is ever on the fence on upgrading to a corner carving, tire destroying, jolly good time, spring/shock set-up, stop thinking and just buy.

So thanks again Sam

Loyal customer,
Aaron Ferguson

Quick Reply: One major problem with Strano