Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ALIGNMENT PROBLEM (after minor wreck)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 06:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALIGNMENT PROBLEM (after minor wreck)

Straight to the point. When I turn the wheels they both move but when the drivers side wheel is straight the passenger wheel (where I got hit) is turned inwards about an inch or so. Could this be frame damage or a tie rods or what?
Old 10-06-2012, 07:34 AM
11 Second Club

Rather tough to answer this ,75 % chance the right inside tie rod is bent, to begain just look umder car and see if it looks bent.
Is possible the lower control arm may have slipped at the mounting points which are the points used to set the caster and camber. look at both/each of the polts which hold/move the lower control arm see if they apear to have sliped you can see if the marks have slipped. To check this for now disrguard the right ( passenger ) side stand in front of car and turn the left( driver )front wheel so that it is stright ahead, then stand a roofing square up beside it and see about how stright up and down it apears, then go to righ side turn it stright ahead, disreguard the left ( you only needed to check the left first to gain a referanc point to compair to the right) now set the roofing square beside the right and see if it is some what the same angle as left
YOU may /must get th an align shop to get it checked out propley
Johnny
Old 10-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^agreed.

check your passenger side tie rod and passenger side lower control arm assembly.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Teching In

ok then. if i take it to a alignment shop would it be pricey or just do it on my own with basic mechanic exp?
Old 10-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Launching!

i had this same thing happen to me.. turned out to be the steering knuckle. the part where the outer tie rod connects to was bent alittle.

see how its bent? that'll cause the wheel to stick out more than the other.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:36 AM
Teching In

i think your tie rods are got dis shaped and need not to worry for this problem as this can be straightened by the nearest service you can take your car for repairing

Quick Reply: ALIGNMENT PROBLEM (after minor wreck)