Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

5th shock/spring on torque arm?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5th shock/spring on torque arm?

Has anyone ever experimented with a shock/spring setup on the Transmisson end of the torque arm?
Something like the dirt late model guys run on their cars. I know space is limited under F bodies but I think that would help traction a ton.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:27 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

You're talking about a helper shock system. It's an interesting idea, but there is no need to reinvent the wheel here. The factory torque arm setup can be very effective with the right aftermarket parts. With a slightly modified torque arm geometry that we offer on our extreme torque arm, we've seen outlaw drag radial cars with consistent 1."teens" 60ft...so it's pretty safe to say they work quite well at applying traction. There are other parts in the suspension to look at that are important to achieve better traction.

I think it would be cool...but I don't see it being more effective than what's already out there having gone 1.14 60ft with an off the self BMR torque arm.

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Understood. I just know the dirt guys are always trying to find more traction coming off the corner and if they do it I figured it must help something.

But if people are already getting low 1second 60 foots then there is no need in it.

Quick Reply: 5th shock/spring on torque arm?